NBC Sport & Language Training Camp Spokane, Washington
Come improve your game and your English at NBC Camps this summer!
NBC Camps is excited to partner with Spokane College of English Language to offer a new program in 2012 - Sport & Language Training Camps. These camps provide international athletes the chance to improve their game and their Englsih language speaking skills.
The Basketball & Language Training Camp includes: Airport transfers, five English language classes, two weeks of Complete Player Basketball Camp at Whitworth University, a fun day at Silverwood Theme Park and homestays in the beautiful Spokane area.
- Complete Player Camps: Complete Player Camps focus on the crucial keys to becoming a great player. We break our teaching into four focus areas: Individual offense, defense, shooting and team skills. Campers are separated into teaching groups and teams based on their age and ability. Complete Player Camps are highly recommended and emphasis extensive skill development, intensity, enthusiasm, leadership, and team. NBC Camps full-time staff work year round to make NBC Camps the premier basketball camp in the world.
The Volleyball & Language Training Camp includes: Airport transfers, five English language classes, one week of Complete Player Volleyball Camp and three days of Volleyball Power Camp at Whitworth University and homestays in the beautiful Spokane area.
- Complete Player Volleyball Camps: Camp offers training in all aspects of the sport including leadership and confidence training. NBC's Complete Player volleyball curriculum is all encompassing to help athletes develop and master skills to play the game of volleyball with excellence.
- Volleyball Power Camp: This is an advanced weekend camp designed as a supplement teaching to the Complete Player Camp which includes crucial strength and core training specifically for volleyball athletes. This camp teaches you drills to improve your power, vertical and overall athletic ability to maximize your performance as a player.
- 5 mornings of language classes
- Outstanding coaches and staff that invest their time in each athlete
- Great competition and in-depth skill training
- Encouraging atmosphere, skill mastery, intensity, enthusiasm and great fun!
- Building a lasting bond with local families and developing life long friendships
Whitworth University's 200-acre campus of red brick buildings and tall pines offers a beautiful, inviting and secure environment. Campers will be staying in the university dorms. Each room has 2 beds available with nearby private shower facilities. These rooms are not air-conditioned and we suggest you bring a fan. The quality cafeteria facility provides an all-you-can-eat salad bar with fresh fruit, hot entrees with beverage, sandwich and cereal stations. Campers alternate being bussed to nearby local gyms to provide maximum competition. Whitworth is located seven miles north of downtown Spokane, Washington.Meet your coaching staff
John Fazio - Basketball Camp Director
John has been involved with NBC Camps since 1995 and a full time Camp Director since 2000.Read Full Bio
John runs a basketball training program in Spokane called Varsity Academy. He has several years of experience conducting individual training and coaching AAU basketball.
Jamie Smart - Volleyball Camp Director
Jamie Smart, Director NBC Volleyball Northwest, is the director of volleyball camps in Washington and Oregon. Jamie has directed camps in the Northwest since 2002.Read Full Bio
She is an 8th grade Health and Fitness teacher in Pullman, WA and has a Kinesiology degree from Whitworth University and a master's degree from Walden University. Jamie played volleyball at Whitworth University and was the captain of her team that went to the NCAA Western Regional Finals in 2002. Jamie cares deeply about NBC Volleyball Camps and desires that each athlete who comes to camp have an amazing experience and leave camp feeling encouraged to be a better volleyball player, athlete, and person.
Doris Noris - Volleyball Camp Co-Director
Doris Norris will act as the administrator of this camp. Doris Norris is the director of the very well known Sideout Volleyball club. She has been a director for four years and was recently inducted into Whiworth University Heritage Gallery Hall of Fame. During her career she was First Team-All-Conference and Three-time Regional All-Star.