Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at Vero Beach Sports Village Vero Beach, Florida
The 2013 Nike Lacrosse Camp in Florida will take place at the Vero Beach Sports Village, formerly Dodgertown, the spring training home of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
As the sport strengthens in Florida, this camp presents an incredible opportunity for youth players to improve their fundamental skills, and for high school players to focus on advanced position-specific drills and an overall intense level of competition.
Practice and scrimmages take place on two regulation grass fields located just steps from the "town homes" where overnight campers stay three per room. Between sessions, campers are provided all-you-can-eat meals in the Dodgertown Cafeteria and will have access to the olympic size pool.
- Complete Skills Camp for Boys Ages 9-18
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team and sibling discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
Tony Lowe grew up playing lacrosse for Long Island powerhouse Ward Melville High School, winning a State Title in 1997 and finishing Second in 1998. During his senior year, he was second on Long Island in goals (60) and points (109). His play earned him a scholarship to Lehigh University in the prestigious Patriot League. While there, Tony was voted athlete of the year in 2002 and 2003. He finished eighth in the country in goals-scored in 2002 and led all of Division 1 in goals scored in 2003. He founded LearnLax Academy in 2004, Snipers Lacrosse in 2009, and is a Camp Director for Nike in the summer. He was recently named Executive Director of Lacrosse for the Elev8 Sports Institute and selected to host a tournament around the 2012 Major League Lacrosse All-Star Game.
• Each room has two queen size beds and one single bed
• If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so no later than 10 days before the start of camp.
• Roommate requests are not guaranteed!
• If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2,2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill Stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 8:30 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!