At the NIKE Girls Lacrosse Camp at the University of Mary Washington, our goal is to bring out the very best in every lacrosse player we coach. Get ready for a week of focused, intensive training sessions lead by the UMW coaching staff. Instruction takes place each day at UMW’s Campus Recreation Turf Complex, while overnight campers reside in dorms, adjacent to the fields. Overnight and Commuter (Extended Day Camp 8:15 AM to 8:30 PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: WED 2PM-8:30PM, THURS-FRI 8:15AM-8:30PM, SAT 8:15AM-12 NOON
A camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. NOTE: Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
- Takes place between 12:00-2:00pm on Wednesday, July 6th at Alvey Hall. There will be a camper orientation meeting at 2:00pm. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
- A closing ceremony will take place at the field at 11:30am on Saturday, July 9th. The camp director will confirm the exact location. Extended Day campers will leave directly from the field. Overnight campers will checkout from the dorms at 12:00pm, following the closing ceremony.
Housing & Roommates
The dorms are setup for 2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed, if you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new with a common interest - lacrosse!
Dorm: Alvey Hall
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: Yes ♦ Air-Conditioned Dorms – No fans needed
Suggested spending money: $40
Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times
Supervision: Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Extended Day Campers
On the first day of camp, all extended day campers should arrive at 2:00pm at Alvey Hall dressed to play. Please remember to bring your health and release forms. All other days, the arrival time is 8:15am. Extended day campers depart at 8:30pm. Campers should be dropped off and picked up at the field. The camp director will confirm exact location on first day of camp..
♦ Extended Day Camp Schedule: WED 2PM-8:30PM, THURS-FRI 8:15AM-8:30PM, SAT 8:15AM-12 NOON
Team Discount: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Battleground Athletic Complex
The University of Mary Washington prides itself in providing an optimal environment for athletes to practice their craft. The Campus Recreation Turf is regarded as one of the finest facilities of its kind in Virginia.
The University of Mary Washington is also hosting a Nike Field Hockey Camp click here for more details.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 AM Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 AM Skill Work and Stations
- 10:30 AM Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 2:00 PM Small Games (1v1, 2v2, 4v3, etc.) with emphasis on supporting play
- 3:00 PM Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 4:30 PM Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:00 PM Back to field for games
- 8:30 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!