Dominican Lacrosse Camp San Rafael, California
Dominican University of California is located 12 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County, California. Campers will train each day at the John F. Allen Athletics Complex. This state-of-the-art multi-purpose synthetic turf field is home to the Penguins men's lacrosse team and located on the west end of campus, adjacent to the Conlan Center.
The Dominican Lacrosse Camp offers players a wonderful private setting to hone their skills. Designed for elite players (ages 14-18) camp will focus on advanced skills, position play, team concepts and an overall intense level of competition. Great athletic facilities, excellent coaches, and the beautiful Dominican campus makes this an ideal destination for camp.
- Advanced Skills Camp for Boys Ages 14-18
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available (see details tab)
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
Dominican’s campus, located in San Rafael, California, sits on 86 acres nestled in a small community near the base of Mount Tamalpais. Campers train daily on Kennelly Field at the John F. Allen Athletics Complex. The university became a full member of NCAA Division II in 2011. The Penguins compete in the Pacific West Conference in most sports, except Men's lacrosse, which competes in the Western Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association (WILA).Meet your coaching staff
Dominican University of California Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach Ned Webster is building a foundation for the Penguins’ push into NCAA Division II competition.Read Full Bio
One of only three universities in California that is NCAA-sanctioned for lacrosse, Dominican is traveling coast to coast to play top notch programs. Webster comes from a family of successful lacrosse players: His father Mickey was a Hall of Fame attackman and National Champion at Johns Hopkins. His uncle Dick was All-American midfielder at Johns Hopkins. His brother Jim played attack at University of Virginia and his other brother John was an All-American attackman and National Champion at the University of North Carolina. His cousin Mike was a National Champion and long stick midfielder at Johns Hopkins. His cousin Dave is head coach at Dickinson College in Pennsylvania.
Webster was a star lacrosse player at Boys’ Latin School in Baltimore, Md. and turned to coaching after his senior year at Notre Dame due to career-ending knee injuries playing attack for the Fighting Irish.
After earning his BA in Communications from Notre Dame in 1999, Webster embarked on an eight-year coaching career that included stints as an assistant coach with the Wanneroo Lacrosse Club in Perth, Australia and with the San Francisco Dragons in Major League Lacrosse. He was married to his wife Megan, a Dominican graduate, in June of 2011.
- University of North Carolina, ’93, Attack
- 2-time All-American, 3-time All-ACC
- National Champion, ‘91
- Boys’ Latin School, ’88, MSA (MIAA) Player of the Year
- Coach, Maryland Lacrosse Club
- Quinnippiac University, ’07
- All-Conference and All-New England, '06 & '07
- Four year starter and Captain in '07
- Dominican Defensive Coordinator 2008-2011
- 2012 Assistant Coach for Dominican University
- Four year member of The Ohio State University Men's Lacrosse Team
- Served as team captain in 2010
- 2009 All Conference GWLL
- 2009 Defensive MVP
- High School All-American
- Represented NH in the National Senior Showcase
- 2x All-State
Current Penguin Coaches and Players
Note From the Director:
Read camper reviews