MB/Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Curry College Milton, Massachusetts
MB Sports Camps and US Sports Camps team up to offer an outstanding Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Curry College. The program runs from Sunday afternoon to Friday afternoon - the longest Nike lacrosse camp this summer!
Curry's 135-acre wooded location is located in Milton, MA and is considered one of the most beautiful small college campuses in New England. Its close proximity to downtown Boston (7 miles) offers plenty of options for our special off-campus evening activities.
- Complete Skills Camp for Girls Ages 9-18
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio and 24 hours supervision
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Strength and Conditioning Coach on site
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Campers are welcome to attend multiple sessions
- Exciting evening activities available after dinner (e.g. MLS Soccer Games, Boston Red Sox Baseball Games, Laser Tag, Bowling, etc.)
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- Try new sports and meet new friends! Several other MB/Nike Sports Camps offered concurrently (tennis, golf, soccer, basketball, baseball)
Campers will enjoy Curry's outstanding facilities which include eleven outdoor tennis courts, grass and turf fields, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, outdoor swimming pool, new air conditioned dorms and a wonderful dining facility.
Katie Ilott embarks on her first year at Young Harris College. She takes over the program after spending two years as an assistant at national power Mercyhurst University. Ilott kick started her playing career as a member of the U-19 Canadian World Cup Team in 2007, and went on to play at Limestone College where she earned IWLCA First-Team All-American honors in 2010 along with three All-South Region and All-Conference First-Team selections.
Ilott finished her career with 144 goals, 30 assists, 174 points, 104 groundballs, 66 caused turnovers and a program best 251 draw controls. She is still tied for second in the all-time record book with 74 starts and is fifth in goals scored while holding three of the top four single season draw control totals, including a program best 92 in 2010. She is also second with 18 free position goals that same season.
Prior and during her time at Limestone, Ilott played for the Canadian National Under-19 Lacrosse Team for two years (2005-07) and coached several elite club teams, including the Oshawa Lady Blue Knights program.
Ilott earned her bachelor’s degree in physical education from Limestone in 2010 and her master’s degree in organizational leadership from Mercyhurst.
Campers Per Room: 1 or 2
Roommates: If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so no later than 14 days before the start of camp.
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: Yes
Key Deposit: $100 – Bring a check made out to US Sports
Spending Money: $50, please DO NOT bring a pre-written check
Medical Facility: an athletic trainer and off campus hospital
• Check in is located on campus
• Overnight Campers check in between 12pm-2pm
• Day Campers check in between 1:30pm-2:30pm
• Evaluations will take place at 3:00pm
• Overnight Campers will go back to their dorms to shower and get ready for dinner
• Day Campers go home
• All campers walk together to dinner at 5pm
• Overnight Camper Orientation at 6pm
• Ice Breakers with Counselors in the evening
Lacrosse campers receive 5 to 6 hours of daily instruction covering:
3. Ground Balls
4. Fast Breaks
5. Feeding & Finishing
7. Stick Skills
10. Wing Play
11. Offensive and Defensive Fundamentals
WEEKEND STAY OVER:
Campers who are not attending the Big Activity usually sleep in. Brunch and Dinner will be in the dining hall. Campers usually use this day to relax, do laundry and play in-dorm activites. They can also have private lessons with their favorite coach for their sport or another sport. Games are also organized for fun with the coaches.
Some Saturday's we may also take the campers to the mall, if enough would like to go.
Round trip airport transfers from Boston Logan are available for an additional fee of $175. After you complete your camp registration, additional information will be forthcoming about how to sign up and pay for these additional services. We understand that flights do not always arrive during the "typical pick up time" listed in your registration packet, and that is fine. As long as we have the flight information in advance we are very flexible with the pick up and drop off times.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 AM Wake-up (our counselors go door-to-door, waking campers up!)
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 8:50 AM Day and Extended Day Campers arrive
- 9:00 AM Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 AM Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 AM Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 PM 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 PM Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 PM Day Campers depart/Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:00 PM Shower/Get ready for evening activities
- 6:30 PM Field Trips/Movies/Games/Hanging out with friends
- 9:00 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 PM Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
OTHER MBSC/NIKE SPORTS CAMPS AT CURRY COLLEGE:
When mixing sports, campers must participate in at least 1 full week of each sport. Sports can not be mixed during the week. This is because each sports camp is an Intensified Training Program and should not be interrupted mid week.