Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at Otterbein University Westerville, Ohio
Otterbein University is a private, liberal arts college located 16 miles north of downtown Columbus in Westerville, OH. As a NCAA Division III member of the Ohio Athletic Conference, the Otterbein Men’s Lacrosse Team is beginning it’s fifth season of varsity competition in the spring of 2014.
At the Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at Otterbein University, our goal is to stimulate a love for the game by immersing you in the sport and giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improvement. Over the course of camp, your enthusiasm and self-confidence will grow along with your skills.
- Complete Skills Camp for Boys Ages 10-14
- Superior instruction from College Coaches
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discount available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
Otterbein University, located in Westerville, Ohio, is a four-year private institution founded in 1847. Less than 30 minutes from Columbus, Otterbein has a warm and friendly small-town atmosphere while remaining conveniently located to a large metropolitan city. With 140 acres of beautiful and historic campus along with top notch facilities, Otterbein provides a great environment for a lacrosse camp.
Meet your coaching staff
Colin Hartnett begins his fifth season as head men's lacrosse coach at Otterbein.
The Cardinals have gone 32-33 under Hartnett since the 2010 inaugural season, including a 12-6 campaign in 2013 that ended with the program's first-ever berth in the NCAA Division III Tournament.
Hartnett came to Otterbein from St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, N.Y. where he had been the assistant coach for the men’s lacrosse team since graduating from the College of Wooster in 2003.Read Full Bio
In his five years at St. John Fisher, Hartnett helped build a team from the ground up and take it to the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) playoffs three years in a row and to a school best 11-3 record in 2008.
He served as the offensive coordinator in 2004 and 2005 at St. John Fisher, and as the defensive coordinator since 2006. While offensive coordinator, the team finished the 2005 season averaging 10.8 goals a game, an increase over the 8.3 average in 2004. As defensive coordinator, the defensive unit improved to 28th of 130 teams in the country, allowing just 7.3 goals an outing in 2008, a sharp drop from the 13.4 average in 2004.
Hartnett, a native of Canandaigua, N.Y, received his Bachelor of Arts in History from Wooster in 2003. He earned four varsity letters in lacrosse, finishing his career as the school’s fourth all-time leading scorer. As a freshman, Hartnett scored 52 points and was runner-up for the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) Newcomer of the Year award. He was a two-time member of the All-NCAC team and served as team captain his junior season.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill Stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to fields for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!