Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at UC Santa Cruz Santa Cruz, California
When looking for beautiful campuses to host a Nike Lacrosse Camp the campus of UC Santa Cruz certainly fits. Nestled near Monterrey Bay, Santa Cruz is an easy drive from the Bay Area and beyond. The campus is defined by rolling meadows and towering redwoods, which provide a perfect backdrop for camp.
At the Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at the University of California, Santa Cruz our goal is to stimulate a love for the game by immersing you in the sport and giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improvement. Over the course of camp, your enthusiasm and self-confidence will grow along with your skills.
- Superior instruction from College Coaches and Players
- 10:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
UC Santa Cruz offers excellent fields with an ocean view, comfortable dormitories and an excellent dining hall.
1). This clinic is open to any and all entrants. 2). Drugs, alchohol and smoking are strictly prohibited and constitute grounds for immediate dismissal from camp. 3). For your safety and benefit, we recommend that you choose a camp that fits your particular skills and level of development.Meet your coaching staff
Directing the camp at UC Santa Cruz is Head Men's Lacrosse Coach, Michael O'Neill. O'Neill has over 30 years of coaching experience both collegiately (University of Vermont, Ohio Wesleyan University and The Ohio State University) and in international competition where he coached the Dutch National Team in the 2012 European championships.Read Full Bio
- Head coach: Dutch National team, 2012 European championships
- Head coach: The University of Vermont 1982-1986, 40 win, 14 losses over 4 seasons
- Head coach: East- West senior all star game
- Recipient: Charles E. Marsters award for the most improved program in New England
- Assistant coach: Ohio Wesleyan University, 4 NCAA tournament appearances, 4 NCAC championships, 1 NCAA national championship appearance
- Head coach: Brookfield High school
- Assistant coach: The Ohio State University
Colleen O'Neill - Sports Psychology Consultant
Check-in for all campers takes place from 1:00-2:00pm on Tuesday, August 12th.
A closing ceremony will take place at the field on Friday, August 15th at 11:30am. Extended Day campers will leave directly from the field. Overnight campers will checkout from West Hall following the closing ceremony - Parents are invited to this!
Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
Dorm: Stevenson College Circle
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: No
Suggested spending money: $40
Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Extended Day Campers
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 AM Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 AM Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 AM Position Work
- Lunch and rest Lunch and rest
- 1:00 PM 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 PM Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 PM Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 PM Back to field for games
- 9:00 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 PM Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!