Nike Top of the Class/Governor’s Academy Byfield, Massachusetts
US Sports Camps, Inc. has partnered with the coaches from Harvard University, Stanford University and the University of North Carolina in offering the Nike "Top of the Class" Lacrosse Camps. The program is hosted at The Governor's Academy, located 30 miles north of Boston in Byfield, MA.
TOP OF THE CLASS SHOWCASE
- 5th Annual showcase for the premier high school player
- The staff at Top of the Class is made up of terrific coaches from great academic institutions.
- Top of the Class is a great opportunity to work with top lacrosse programs from some of the finest universities and colleges in the country.
This showcase camp differs from most in that each camper will receive individual instruction from each college coach in small station groups during camp. The showcase program focuses on advanced skills, position play, team concepts and an overall intense level of competition. Night games will be coached by the college coaches where you will get the opportunity to work with them in a competitive team atmosphere. The camp is open to any and all entrants
- Session I: July 7-9 (Restricted to 2015 and 2016s)
- Session II: July 22-25 (Restricted to 2017 and 2018s)
- Superior instruction from NCAA College Coaches and Former Players
- 10:1 camper to instructor on field ratio and 24 hour supervision
- Special goalie instruction
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
Special Goalie Instruction
Goalies will be given training involving development of their individual technique as well as instruction in game like situations. In addition to focusing on individual instruction, each goalie will participate in shooting drills as well as drills designed to include the goalies as an integral part of a team defense.
The Governor’s Academy is the oldest continuously operating boarding school in America and opened its doors more than a decade before our nation was born. The Academy sits on a beautiful 450-acre campus and the athletic facilities rival those of many small colleges and universities.
Meet your coaching staff
Head Women's Lacrosse Coach, Harvard University. Full Bio>>
Head Women's Lacrosse Coach, Stanford University. Full Bio>>
Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach, University of North Carolina. Full Bio>>
The following coaches are scheduled to attend in 2014. List subject to change.
- American University - Laura Campbell
- Boston College - Alex Frank
- Boston University - Liz Robertshaw
- Bowdoin College - Liz Grote
- Brown - Keely McDonald
- Bucknell - Forrest Stillman
- Colgate - Melissa Pearsall
- Cornell - Jenny Graap
- Elon - Virginia Crotty
- Furman - Amber Falcone
- Georgetown - Lauren Morton
- Harvard - Carla Gigon
- Harvard - Bridget Looney
- Holy Cross - Patricia Sutton
- Navy - Kirstyn Atkinson
- Stanford - Brooke Eubanks
- University of Denver - Lauren Benner
- Villanova - Xan Wietzel
- Wesleyan - Assistant or Head Coach
- Hamilton - Assistant or Head Coach
- Tufts - Assistant or Head Coach
Camp Details: Nike Top of the Class Showcase
Session I: July 7-9 (Restricted to 2015 and 2016s)
Check-in takes place between 11:00-1:00pm in the Field House Lobby. For Extended Day Campers (Commuter Campers) dinner will be provided and pick up takes place at the Field House at 9:00pm. 2 field sessions on Monday: 1:30-4pm, 6-8pm (dinner only)
Tuesday, July 8th
3 field sessions: 9-11:30am, 1:30-4pm, 6-8pm (all meals provided to overnighters, extended day campers receive lunch and dinner). Extended Day Campers should be dropped off at the lacrosse field at 8:45am sharp. Pick up for Extended Day Campers is approx. 9:00pm at the fields, except for the last day.
Check-out Wednesday, July 9th
The last session of camp will be Wednesday, July 9th from 9:00-11:00am. Check-out takes place at 12:00pm (breakfast only for overnight campers, no other meals provided on last day)
Session II: July 22-25 (Restricted to 2017 and 2018s)
Housing & Roommates
Double Rooms Only. Campers are assigned by age and roommate requests. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please call 1-800-645-3226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be paired with someone near your age.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: No
Suggested spending money: $40
Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times.
Campers Flying To Camp
Read camper reviews