World Sports Camp at The Williston Northampton School Easthampton, Massachusetts
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
The World Sports Camp mission is to create a safe and positive sports environment, where children from around the world can interact while improving their athletic skills.
2 Indoor golf nets
3 area golf courses and 2 driving ranges
12 tennis courts
2 full size, wood basketball courts with 10 hoops
Award winning dining room facility
The dorms are very comfortable. Wall-to-wall carpet, rooms with lots of space for all of your clothing and equipment. Each lounge has a television, refrigerator and microwave accessible to the campers.
Owner/Co-Director of World Sports Camp, he has been operating the camp since its conception. Terry has over 30 years in the camping business as well as 13 years as an overnight camper himself.Read Full Bio
Terry initially headed up the golf program. He was an All-America golfer while in college, played varsity basketball and football and has a tremendous amount of experience in the sports world. His greatest asset is his coaching ability. Terry has coached varsity high school basketball, both girls and boys, AAU men's basketball and numerous golf programs. His coaching accomplishments include state championships and New England titles. The highest quality that Terry brings to WSC is his love of children and desire to make World Sports Camp the finest summer experience for each camper that attends.
Co-Director of World Sports Camp. Addam has over 13 years in the camping business as well as 11 years as an overnight camper himself. Addam’s greatest asset is his love for teaching children. Addam has taught in both the academic and athletic settings. His athletic achievements include: Basketball at the University of Delaware, Captain of his high school Basketball team, as well as member of his high school varsity track team. His coaching accomplishments include: Prep School Basketball Champion at Brimmer and May School, Boston Gators Basketball AAU, University of Delaware Basketball Camp, University of Notre Dame Basketball Camp, and helped in the creation/coaching of the Claremont Preparatory School Soccer team.Read Full Bio
Addam graduated with his Bachelor of Science from the University of Delaware with a Business Management Degree and received his Master of Education from Wheelock College with an Elementary Education degree.
World Sports Camp takes great pride in finding the most helpful, dedicated and qualified staff possible. Terry and Addam Shand personally interview all of the WSC staff and have NEVER hired from a staffing agency. In addition WSC requires a criminal and sexual background check on every employee. WSC believes that a strong staff will produce a safe and positive environment for campers to achieve both personal and athletic goals. The return rate of the WSC Staff is approximately 80% year after year. In addition, many of our counselors were once campers themselves at WSC.
All of the Head Coaches at WSC are either professional players or professional coaches in their respective sports. Most of our coaches are members of their college teams or play on a club team in different parts of the world. Overseas, Colleges and Universities do not have sport teams; therefore, athletes must join club sports organizations.
Being that 34% of our campers hail from outside the United States of America, at WSC we feel that approximately 34% of our counselor staff should also be from outside the United States of America. We believe that having at least one staff member speak each language represented by the campers, allows those campers to feel more comfortable transitioning from home life to camp life.
In addition, every staff member, no matter how many years they have been working at WSC, MUST attend a one week orientation before the start of camp. During this rigorous week of training, WSC reviews proper procedures for all emergency situations, mandated reporting by the state and how to properly teach and speak to children in both the athletic and dormitory settings.
WSC only hires staff members that will be able to work together to create a well balanced learning environment that caters to each camper's individual needs, both on and off the playing field. Campers will receive a tremendous amount of individual instruction and small group instruction due to the fact that WSC has a 4 to 1 camper to counselor ratio at all times.
Counselors at WSC love working with children. Counselors choose to work with campers because they know they can help influence a camper’s life in many positive ways. Building self-esteem, confidence and athletic abilities, as well as teaching children how to get along with others from around the world, is what makes World Sports Camp the place that counselor and campers want to be.
1. Productive Golf Academy (WSC – PGA) - Golf play and instruction at the golf course each day, Monday through Friday (weather permitting). As well as, unlimited trips to the driving range and optional practice during league time. The WSC – PGA program includes instruction on the course one day per week, with former All – America golfer (2nd in U.S.A.) and owner of World Sports Camp, Terry G. P. Shand. Golf is the camper’s primary sport and is their first choice of sport participation.
- Additional fee of $150.00 per week
- Additional fee of$75.00 per week
- Additional fee of$35.00 per week
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:45 a.m. Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 a.m. 1st period: Choose your sport or ESL* classes for foreign campers
- 11:30 a.m. 2nd period: Choose your sport or POOL time
- 12:30 p.m. Squad Time
- 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 2:00 p.m. Squad Time
- 2:30 p.m. 3rd period: Choose your sport
- 4:30 p.m. 4th period: Choose your sport or POOL time
- 5:30 p.m. Squad Time/ Day Camper Depart
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner
- 7:00 p.m. League (Basketball, Soccer or Tennis) or Evening Activity
- 8:30 p.m. Back to dormitories to shower up
- 9:30 p.m. Get ready for bed (depending on age)
2 WSC Yellow Tee's logo'd (See Below)
3 WSC Lime Green Tee's logo'd (See Below)
The 5 Tee's logo'd (Yellow and Lime Green) should be purchased at time of registration.
2. Daily Canteen is included in the tuition.
7. A World Sports Camp "Gold Medal" included in the tuition.
Please wear shorts and a WSC t-shirt to camp.
2. Cleats and shin guards (if participating in soccer, not required)
3. Tennis Racquet (if participating in tennis, not required)
4. WSC provides snacks after lunch for children in the Canteen. If you would like your child to have a snack before lunch, please provide your own snacks. As well, we do not allow snacks with ANY NUT products.