April 19, 2011
Nike Basketball Camps announce Point Guard Sessions
These specialty camps structured by Tom Kane are great places for point guards and all perimeter players and will concentrate on advanced techniques for the experienced player. We will feature two sessions in Florida and one in Virginia.
- Do you think the Nike Point Guard Sessions are for you?
- Do you want to become a more effective player?
- Do you want to become a real student of the game?
- Do you want to become a leader on the floor?
- If you answered yes, then Point Guard Session is for you
- Each Player will receive a Point Guard workbook that they will utilize throughout the week
- Classroom "Head" sessions every day. We first start in the classroom teaching concepts, then follow-up with on court skill sessions.
- 7th Graders thru 12th Graders
- Learn advanced passing techniques
- Learn advanced Ball Handling Techniques
- Learn how to constantly "Hunt the Paint" and develop scoring opportunities for your team.
- Leadership Skill development is at the core of all sessions
- Daily video analysis of game situations. Players will see examples of the techniques we will teach by watching actual college game footage.
- We teach - explosion moves - change of speed - change of direction - how to finish at the basket- court vision - the transition game.
- Advanced Passing techniques
- College Coaches work with us at every Point Guard session.
All Nike Basketball camp participants receive a Nike Basketball Camp T-shirt, Workbook, Evaluation and Certificate. In addition, Nike prizes and awards will be given out at each session for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement.
- 9:00am - Dynamic Warm-up
- 9:30am - Station work -includes SAQ (Speed-Agility-Quickness), advanced ball handling, full court transition play, advanced passing, defense and much more
- 10:00am - Class Room Session
- 10:45am - On court teaching session
- 11:30am - Full Court Implementation of Session strategy
- 12:00pm - Lunch
- 12:30pm - Video Session - Video breakdown of college game situations.
- 1:00pm- Afternoon Class Room session
- 1:20pm- Dynamic Warm-up
- 1:35pm- Station Work - teaching and reinforcing Class Room Sessions
- 2:35pm - Break
- 2:40pm - On court Coaches Corner
- 3:00pm - Full/Half Court controlled Scrimmages focusing on the days teaching concepts.
- 4:00pm - Camp Wrap Up
2011 Point Guard Sessions & Locations
Nike Basketball Camp - Estero Recreation Center - Estero, FL - June 13-16
Nike Girls Basketball Camp - Stetson University - Deland, FL - August 7-10
Nike Basketball Camp - Hoop Magic - Chantilly, VA - August 15-17