Join Cal Varsity Rugby and Head Coach Jack Clark for the most recognized rugby camp in the country. Cal Rugby has one the most decorated histories in collegiate sports, including 29 National Championships.
The Cal Varsity team has a long history of success based on superb skills and a winning attitude. These are qualities we want to share with your sons during camp. Our camp mixes Cal's rich rugby heritage with an innovative staff. The camp (for athletes ages 15 - 18) emphasizes safety and fun, while we remain on the cutting edge of rugby training. Our coaches bring with them the latest rugby skills, strategy and tactics from the international and professional arena. The camp's seminars with campus professionals increase awareness regarding academics, strength and conditioning, nutrition and drug awareness. Perhaps our best endorsement is the number of young men who have returned for a second, third, even fourth summer.
The overnight camp includes all rugby instruction, meals, housing and evening activities on campus. There is a commuter option from 8:30am - 6:00pm during the overnight camp session.
For questions regarding the camp registration process, please contact Nike Rugby Camps at 1-800-645-3226. For all other camp-related questions, please contact Cal Rugby Director of Operations, Jerry Figone, at 510-643-1971.
For those campers traveling from a distance, we offer an early arrival the evening of Friday, July 29th. The fee is $90 and includes lodging in the Cal dorms, dinner on the 29th, and breakfast and lunch the following day. We’ll have a staff member living in the dorms to provide supervision.
- Daily instruction and competitive activities at Witter Rugby Field
- Receive coaching from Jack Clark and Tom Billups, with Cal Rugby players serving as camp counselors
- Small group sizes: approximately an 8:1 player to staff ratio
- Opportunity to experience a college environment at UC Berkeley
- Meetings/discussions on nutrition, fitness, academics, college rugby
- A healthy and positive learning environment to help every player get better
Dates & Prices