Nike Elite Rugby Camps, Marin Larkspur, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Join Stanford University Director of Rugby, Matt Sherman, for four days of “Elite Training” this summer in Marin County, just 30 minutes from San Francisco. Current and former members of USA Rugby will be on hand to mentor players of all abilities and help aspiring young athletes to reach their true potential. All activities take place on the turf field at Redwood High School.
Elite has designed and coordinated the finest rugby camp system in the nation, benefiting over 5,000 new and experienced players. The Nike Elite Rugby Camp in Marin includes all rugby instruction, touch-rugby, and match play.
- Instruction from nationally recognized Team USA coaches and players on how to be successful on and off the rugby field
- Daily instruction and touch-rugby match simulation
- Skill-based group structuring to maximize the advantage for players of all ages and abilities
- Small Group sizes: approximately an 8:1 player to staff ratio
- A healthy and positive learning environment to help every player get better
- Motivational speeches from current and former players from the USA Rugby team
Matt Sherman is currently the Stanford University Head Men’s and Woman’s Rugby Coach. Sherman’s impressive resume boasts coaching positions with USA Rugby U-18 Junior National Team, USA Rugby Collegiate All-Americans, USA Rugby Senior National Team, as well as the Olympic Club 7's. As a player Sherman attended Cal (‘03) where he won four national championships and was a three time All-American rugby player as a fly-half. Sherman went on to play for the USA National Team and played in the 2003 Rugby World Cup.Read Full Bio
In 2012 Matt guided the Stanford Women's Rugby team to a 2nd place finish in the Division I National tournament. Prior to accepting the head coach role at Stanford, Sherman was the Backs Coach for the USA Men's team in the 2011 Rugby World Cup. Sherman has played on the international rugby scene in Randwick, Australia and at Oxford University in the UK. Matt is a Bay Area native, raised in Piedmont, California.
Team USA Players
Each Elite Camp will have current and former members of USA Rugby on staff
Nike Elite Rugby Camps offer players the individualized coaching needed to improve their skill-set and gain a deeper understanding of the game. Our curriculum is the perfect blend of expert coaching, constructive drills, and match play. Matt Sherman and his staff consisting of national Team USA players will ensure campers leave camp with a greater confidence and passion for the game.
The day camp in Marin runs from 9:00am - 3:00pm daily. Day campers will be dropped off and picked up at the end of each day at Redwood High School in Larkspur.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in will take place between 8:30am and 9:00am on the first day of camp. Check-out will take place at 3:00pm on the last day of camp.
Elite is offering a $20 per player discount for five or more team members from the same club. Please call 800-645-3226 and register by phone to receive the discount.
Lunch is not included and campers are advised to bring their own lunch and snacks.
Campers are supervised all day with a strict 8:1 camper to coach ratio. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Nike Elite Rugby Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am Check in at Redwood High School in Larkspur, California
- 9:00am - 11:00am Training Session: catch and pass technique, defensive structure, tackle technique
- 11:00am - 11:45am Touch Rugby/Scrimmage
- Noon - 1:00pm Campers eat their own packed lunch while listening to motivational speeches from Team USA players
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm Training Session: position specific training; forwards and backs
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm Training Session: position specific training; forwards and backs