Our camp directors are among the finest coaches in America. They have a major stake in providing camps of the highest quality: camps that are fun and that improve the skills of the campers. Coach Hollands focus' on The ABC'S of the Game: agility, balance, coordination and speed!
Technical Training Sessions
- Dribbling into Space & at an Opponent
- Receiving & Turning & Heading
- 1v1, 2v1 Defending
- Fast Feet
- 2v1, 3v1 Attacking
- Peripheral Vision- One & Two Touch Play
- Peripheral Vision- Movement & Passing
Tactical Training Sessions
- Quick Decisions
Check-in: Monday, July 21st at 8:45am at the soccer fields. First field session begins immediately following check‐in. Campers attending daily should arrive no later than 8:45am each day.
Check-out: Friday July 25th at 3:00pm. Final games will be played and parents are welcome to attend.
Day camp for ages 8-15.
Program runs 9:00am-3:00pm Monday-Friday
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
Equipment Needed: Soccer Ball (campers must bring their own), Soccer cleats, shin guards, goalies must bring own equipment, etc
Facility: Turf & grass fields
**Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch or money to purchase lunch each day.
The Wheeler Farm consists of Eight outdoor athletic fields and The Van Norman Field House and is located at 357 Walker St., Seekonk, MA 02711. There are four soccer fields, two lacrosse fields, a softball field and a baseball. The fieldhouse also contains locker rooms and training room facilities for both field sports and contests held inside the fieldhouse.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00-9:30am Dynamic stretching & warm up
- 9:30-10:15am Skills session - incorporating the ABC's of the game (see above)
- 10:15-11:15am Technical & tactical training sessions
- 11:15-12:00pm Small sided games
- 12:00-12:45pm Lunch
- 12:45-1:30pm Dynamic flex warm up & warm up games
- 1:30-3:00pm Team games - Tactical and decision making instruction