Nike Vogelsinger Soccer Academy at the Brooks School North Andover, Massachusetts
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
The Vogelsinger Soccer Academy celebrates 32 years of outstanding soccer education at the Brooks School.
We have designed a program for serious players, those with a strong motivation to be their best! Our objective is to help you reach your highest potential. We start you on the right path, set your dream in motion, fire up your imagination, and leave you empowered to reach those goals.
Our professional staff consists of master teachers whose demonstrations include demanding instruction, step-by-step clarification, and playful joking to bring out the most sensitive technical points for you to grasp and imitate.
For the first time, we offer an All-Star Day Camp the week of July 14-18. This program is designed for players ages 9-14. Hours are 9am-4pm daily, Monday through Friday. Our Vogelsinger Coaches staff this week on campus.
- Our international, professional coaching staff is selected for their passion for the game and their ability to teach. The ratio of coaches to players in the Academy is 1:8 and in the All-Star programs 1:10.
- Players receive a complete Nike uniform: All Star (one weekers) get two game jerseys, one pair of socks and shorts. Academy players( two or three weekers) receive two complete NIKE uniforms (two jerseys, two shorts and two pairs of socks). All players receive a NIKE soccer ball.
- We have what we consider an important part of the learning experience: self-evaluation at the beginning of the program and oral and written evaluations at the conclusion.
- Soccerobics, offered each morning at 6:45am, is a system of carefully designed exercises with the ball, incorporating soccer skills with aerobic and physical conditioning.
- Players are on-the-field training for 43 1/2 hours each week.
- Special goalkeeping training is offered at each site. The Vogelsinger Goalkeeper Academy provides specific and detailed instruction for the new generation of goalkeepers.
- Celebrating 48 years of outstanding soccer training in the U.S.
A secluded pastoral setting provides the exclusive soccer experience players need to take their game to the next level. Located only 30 miles north of Boston, The Brooks School in North Andover, Massachusetts boasts twelve highly maintained fields on a large lakeside campus.
Students choose from a variety of personal selections in the campus dining hall and relax in the comfortable dormitory style rooms. The majority of the rooms at Brooks are singles. Students can request to room next to a friend. We will do our best to accomodate those requests.Meet your coaching staff
- USSF/FFC coaching license
- Former coach and official, Spain, Columbia, Peru, Venezuela, USA
- Director Soccer USA, New York
35th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
Mustapha Achab, Goalkeeping
- Professional soccer player for 13 years
- Former Moroccan Olympic and National Team A member
- Over 400 professional appearances
- Named Best GK in Africa, ’92 &’99
- Named Best GK in Moroccan league ’92-’94, ’97 &’00
- 11th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
Graziano Baldanzi, Goalkeeping
- Professinal soccer player, 13 years, goalkeeper
- Teacher Sport Starting Center (Italian Committee Olympic Games from 1997)
- UEFA B license
- Professional goalkeeper coaching license
- Goalkeeping coach for professional clubs
- 3rd year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
- USCAA license
- Former professional player (Morocco) Ajax 2nd Division
- Trainer/Coach Patrick Henry High School, San Diego, CA
- 4th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
- Diploma B UEFA coaching license
- Former Italian professional player
- 15th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
- UEFA A license professional coach
- Assistant coach in Italain professional league
- Professional player 20+ years
- 807 caps, 72 goals central defender
- 3rd year Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
Steve Burton, Field Coordinator, Tactical Master Coach
- England Football Association coaching license
- LFA goalkeeping coaches certificate
- England FA Soccer Coach and Coordinator for Camps Certificate
- 14th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
- Former Brazilian/USA professional player for Cruzeiro, Utuotaba and Boston Astros
- USSF "D" Coaching License
- High School Coach and Futsol Trainer for NH/MA
- 5th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
Luis Del Rio
- USSF B coaching license
- San Diego State; Mesa College two year League Champ
- Chivas Semi-pro, 1996-1998
- Villa Soccer Club, San Diego
- 5th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
- UEFA A coaching licence
- UEFA youth coaching licence
- Former professional player, 2000 - 2002 (Injury)
- Former Welsh youth international captain (U 18’s)
- Professional coach with Swansea City (English Premier League) 2004 - Present
- 3rd year Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
- Captain Nigerian National Team
- Two World Cup appearance
- 42 international caps
- 8th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
Javier Gonzalez, Master Coach
- Former professional soccer player Atletico Morelia (Mexico)
- Atletico de Madrid 2nd division Spain
- University City High School Head Coach San Diego, CA
- Mexican Federation goalkeeping coaching license (FMF)
- The CIF, NF coaching license
- US Soccer "C" License
- 18th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
Matt Kennedy, Technical Master Coach
- USSF A coaching license
- 10 year professional player: NASL, MISL, ASL, USL
- 29th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
Fabio Oliviera, Dribbling Master Coach
- Former Brazilian professional player
- FDF Brazilian A coaching license
- Coach, A.A. ITAPEVA, Brazilian professional futsal team
- Post graduate Physiology Exercise and Soccer and Futsal training
- 6th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
Eddie Pedersen, Technical Master Coach
- UEFA A coaching license, Denmark
- Regional coach for Danish Soccer Union
- Youth director HF Hjoerring
- 15th year with Vogelsinger Soccerr Academy
Chris Quidley, Tactical Master Coach
- English F.A. coaching license
15th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
Martin Rocca, Dribbling Master Coach
- Former professional player, Uruguay
- Coaching certificate, Instituto Superior de Educacion Fiscia, Uruguay
- University graduated PE, Master in Child and Youth Fitness
- University Chair Professor in Sports and Fitness
11th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
Helton Tostes, Dribbling Master Coach
- 2009 Coordinator Tecnical Ole Brasil Soccer Club
- 2010 General Manager Comercial Soccer Club.
- Technical Coordinator Ole Academy
- Former Brazilian professional player USA MLS (Tampa Bay)
- A-league (Milwaukee Rampage)
- Dallas Sidekicks (Indoor Soccer)
- Brazilian A coaching license
7th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy
2014 Camp Information
THE VOGELSINGER METHOD
Our goal is to create an environment—a GAME-LIKE ATMOSPHERE—through dynamic teaching and coaching by explanation, demonstration and participation to assist each player in creating a METHOD TO SELF-TEACH.
It is a painstaking STEP-BY-STEP method. We must create for you a crystal-clear picture of what we are trying to teach through demonstration and explanation. You must understand clearly and be able to picture every little detail in your MIND’S EYE. Moreover, you then have to see yourself performing it successfully, and physically feel it and emotionally experience it.
The ultimate goal of self-teaching is INTERNALIZING MOTIVATION and knowing where you are, where you want to be, and how to get there step-by-step. We say you “FAIL YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS” because with this method, mistakes become your guidelines.
You will become a BETTER PLAYER. You will become a BETTER PERSON, as you will learn how to work toward the goals that you set for yourself.
How is the Vogelsinger Soccer program different?
- It’s not a training camp, it’s a technical teaching camp
- Students change bad habits and create new habits
- Coaches give a step-by-step dissection of the mechanics of soccer – students are taught to have a full body experience - to feel, see, and do things the correct way so that they can continue to self-teach when camp is over
- Students are pushed out of their comfort zone to try/experience techniques/skills they never have before
- Practice in game like atmosphere to experience that same passion, pressure, and desire that is needed to improve and compete with the best
- Unique and unmatched coaching method leaves students with a renewed motivation and passion for the game
- Program has been compared to outward bound for soccer – students really need to want to improve to benefit
UNDERSTANDING THE PROGRAMS
1. INDIVIDUAL SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES
This is a program you cannot afford to miss. Coach Vogelsinger has distinguished himself as THE soccer educator. His passionate unwavering philosophy over the years is that a good technical foundation is the best tactical preparation. We offer a modern teaching method, uniquely innovative and highly motivational. It is the main reason for the program’s incomparable success.
—TECHNICAL SKILLS: The sessions are dynamic, taught in realistic technical skill sequences in ball control, passing, dribbling and striking with their correct tactical applications. our professional coaching staff provide realistic game-like demonstrations. With uncanny perception and ability, Coach Vogelsinger has broken down the most sophisticated technical skills with clear step-by-step explanations. With on-going dialogue, the staff keeps you focused with reminders such as “happy feet,” “magic hop,” and “get out of your comfort zone.”
---EVENING GAMES: In our evening games you can test what you have learned that day. Games, mainly 4v4 or 5v5, as well as 11v11, with two goals and goalkeepers, give you the opportunity to maximize touches on the ball and your chances to finish on a real goal.
Beginners to Advanced. Coed.
Ages 9 and up. Players are grouped first by age and then by ability.
2. POSITIONAL TECHNIQUES AND TECHNICAL PROGRESSION
What makes this program so special and exciting is that you are taught by coaches who have played your position at a very high level and are able to provide you with depth and insight into the technical, tactical, and intellectual aspects of each position.
—ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL SKILL SEQUENCES: We instruct you to better understand and perform your position of choice with special attention paid in highlighting the defensive and attacking skills needed in all positions.
—EVENING GAMES: Evening games of 4v4, 5v5, as well as 11v11, with two goals and goalkeepers, are designed to give you as many touches on the ball as possible and the chance to practice what you have learned during the day.
Intermediate to Advanced. Coed. Ages 10 and up.
Players are grouped by position, then age, and then re-evaluated by ability.
3. TACTICAL CONCEPTS/ POSITIONAL PROGRESSION
The way the game is played is a direct reflection of a nation’s character. You are coached by someone from Morocco, Wales, Sweden, Brazil, Holland, Uruguay, England, Denmark, Mexico, Italy, Spain or Germany. You will get their views on how to play, and their passion for the game is quite evident.
—EVENING GAMES: Evening games are 11-a-side so that you can test your progress under intense realistic competition.
Intermediate to Advanced. Coed.
Ages 12 and up. Players enroll as a team or as individuals who are assigned to a team of comparable ability or age.
4. PRE-SEASON PREPARATION/ TECHNICAL AND TACTICAL REVIEW
This is the most popular program for high school players. It is an ideal preparation for your school’s upcoming rigorous pre-season training and try-outs.
— TRAINING: The main emphasis is on conditioning and physical preparation. If you come as a team with an established style and system of play, we evaluate it and offer recommendations for improvement.
— OFFENSIVE TEAM PLAY: Special emphasis is placed on improving offensive play and on your individual and finishing skills. All players become aware of a variety of systems and tactics. We also sharpen your skills and tactics through highly competitive functional training activities.
—EVENING GAMES: Daily full-field scrimmages finish the day in competitive tournament format.
Advanced. Coed. Ages 14 and up. Players enroll as a team or as individuals who are assigned to a team of comparable ability or age.
FIELD PLAYERS AND GOALKEEPERS:
Soccer Academy (3 weeks) and Mini Soccer Academy (2 weeks) Ages 12 +
Field players experience dramatic improvement in their coordination, harmony, and touch with the ball. The unique distraction free environment allows them to completely immerse themselves in the challenges, demands, and technicalities of the sport. Expectations run high and each player leaves with the necessary tools to continue to become the best athlete they can be.
Academy 1 (July 20-August 9): Individual Skills and Techniques; Positional Techniques/ Technical Progression & Tactical Concepts/ Positional Progression
Academy 2 (July 27-August 16): Positional Techniques/ Technical Progression; Tactical Concepts/ Positional Progression& Pre-season Preparation/ Technical and Tactical Review
Mini Academy 1 (July 20-August 2): Individual Skills and Techniques & Positional Techniques/ Technical Progression
Mini Academy 2 (July 27-August 9): Positional Techniques/ Technical Progression & Tactical Concepts/ Positional Progression
Mini Academy 3 (August 3-16): Tactical Concepts/ Positional Progression& Pre-season Preparation/ Technical and Tactical Review
All Star Soccer Schools (1 week)
We offer more specialized training in a shorter period of time. Each week of our school offers a different program and athletes can choose to work on anything from their individual player skills to those needed as a member of a dynamic team preparing for the fall season.
All Star Day Camp (July 14-18) Ages 9-14
The Vogelsinger Soccer Academy announces our new All Star Day Camp. This program is highly recommended for intermediate players who want to improve their individual technical and tactical skills. The All Star Day Camp maintains the instructional caliber of our national program in a consolidated format, Monday through Friday. from 9am to 4 pm daily. Our international coaching staff will focus on developing each player's technical and tactical approach to the game. Our schedule includes instructional skill training, small-sided challenges plus daily "game" play from 3-4pm when players can put their developing skills into practice. Lunch is not included. Drop off is between 8:30-9am, pick up at 4pm.
Sample Daily Schedule All Star Day Camp ONLY July 14-18 (Schedule for other weeks, see below)
8:45 On the Field for Attendance
9:30 Individual Technical Skills Training
Footwork and Dribbling Instruction
10:30 Go to Goal Striking and Finishing
11:10 – 11:45 Small-sided Instructional Games
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
1:00 On Field Attendance
This program is recommended and designed for beginners to inspire youngsters to find a love and passion for the game. We create a fun-filled environment to develop individual fundamental skills and provide daily game experience. Day and Half Day options available. Lunch is not provided.
Day Program: Fundamental Individual Skills & Tactics
Academy (3 weeks) and Mini Academy (2 weeks)
Goalkeeping programs provide an ideal environment for goalkeepers of high caliber and extraordinary commitment to challenge each other to be the very best. Goalkeepers experience the specific physical pressure of match play and are taught the benefits of visualization as a method of reaching an even higher level of performance.
All Star Goalkeeping Schools (1 week)
We offer more focused training so that individuals of the same skill level can learn and grow together. There are programs for the beginner, intermediate, and advanced skill level players. Professional coaches from all over the world help hone and perfect players’ tactical awareness and understanding of this important position.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 6:30am Wake-up
- 6:45am Soccerobics (Mandatory Ages 13 and older. Monday- Wednesday, then voluntary. We strongly encourage participation)
- 7:15am Breakfast
- 8:45am On the field - Attendance
- 9:00am Stretching
- 9:15am Warm-ups
- 9:30-10:30am Individual technical skill instruction
- Advanced technical skill instruction
- Positional specific technical skill instruction
- Fast footwork/dribbling and feinting
- Advanced dribbling and feinting
- Position specific dribbling and feinting
- 10:30am Go for Goal: shooting with and without opposition
- Interpassing and finishing
- Interpassing, crossing and finishing
- Finishing 1v1 with keeper
- 11:00 -11:30am Small-sided games (controlled)
- 11:30am Cool down, recreational activity/swimming
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00pm Mandatory rest
- 1:45pm On the field - Attendance
- 2:00pm Stretching and warm up games
- 2:30 - 4:00pm Individual tactical instruction
- Advanced tactical instruction
- Positional specific tactical instruction
- Individual functional tactical instruction
- Group functional tactical instruction
- Positional specific functional tactical instruction
- Team functional tactical instruction
- 4:00pm Go for Goal
- Shooting with and without opposition
- Interpassing and finishing/2 goals
- Interpassing, crossing and finishing/2 goals
- Finishing 1v1 with keeper
- 4:30pm Cool down, recreational activity/swimming (not all sites)
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Mandatory rest
- 6:45pm On the field - Attendance
- 7:00 - 8:30pm Evening Games (small sided 11/side)
- Game preparation, stretching
- Warm-up and game instructions
- 8:30pm Cool down
- 9:30pm Evening Program: lectures, discussions; game videos
- 10:00pm Lights out for ages 13 and under
- 10:30pm Lights out for ages 14 and over
Celebrating our 48th year of soccer education.
Attend one, two or three weeks. We offer a variety of programs:
- The 3-week Academy (21 days) is the most unique and advanced soccer education for the serious player.
- The "Mini" Academy (14 days) is a condensed alternative to the 3-week Academy program.
- The Vogelsinger All Star Soccer Schools are the only one-week schools that offer 6 action packed days.
- Overnight Campers: Sunday between 2-3pm
- Extended Day and Day Campers: Sunday 3pm
- Uniform distribution at 3pm
Check out: Parents are invited to attend skills review session on Saturday, 9am. The program ends at 11:30am. Last meal is breakfast.
A TOTAL PACKAGE: All Vogelsinger Soccer students receive, as part of their tuition, Nike gear and a Nike match ball. Academy players receive two complete sets of Nike unforms and two pairs of socks. All Star players receive two jerseys, one pair of socks and a pair of shorts. Players are required to wear the official Vogelsinger uniform and socks at every field training session. Extra uniforms are avaiable for purchase. Jersey: $15, Shorts: $15, Socks: $10.
Spending Money: For pizza, subs, sodas – suggested amount is $30 a week. There is a camp bank: students are encouraged to “bank” their money at the Brooks School bookstore on first day. Money is available for spending at Brooks School store and at the Vogelsinger Camp Store. We order pizza for late evening snacks, delivered at 8:30pm.
Dorms are not air conditioned. Please bring a fan.
Trainer: A certified athletic trainer is on full time staff. A nurse is on campus from 9am-5pm daily.
Group Discounts: If 5 OR MORE players register together each player will receive $25 off each week's tuition. All applications MUST be mailed in together to qualify for the discount.
Early arrival: For students travelling from far distances, you may arrive a night early for an extra fee of $75.
Weekend Departure for multiple week players: Students can leave UNSUPERVISED but only if they have a signed permission slip. The permission slip is in the registration packet sent to Academy players only. Weekends are also a good time to do laundry (bring detergent and quarters).
Weekend Stayover for Academy and Mini Academy students: The weekends are “rest time” for multiple week students. There is a required schedule of non-physical activities on both Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
Saturday schedule: On field program 9-11:30. Lunch: noon; 1-4 free time. 4-5pm: Stretching and Visualization. 5-8pm: dinner and free time. 8pm: evening meeting and Blockbuster movie.
We offer optional planned Saturday activities (to be announced later). Last summer we offered:
Saturday, July 27: Trip to Boston Aquarium and IMAX Theater. Cost per person: $45 includes admission to the famous Boston Aquarium, ticket to IMAX movie and round trip bus to Boston.
Saturday August 3: Boston Duck Tour. Cost per person: $45 includes Duck Tour ticket and round trip bus to Boston. Tickets are limited, register early!
Saturday, August 10: Trip to mall and movie. Cost of bus: $10 per person. Movie/Snacks extra.
Airport: Logan Airport (45 min. from campus) or Manchester, New Hampshire
Preferred Airport Arrival: 12:00pm – 1:30 pm
Preferred Airport Departure: 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Airport Shuttle: Make a reservation with Flight Line shuttle: 800-245-2525 or fax: 603-893-8713. Approximately $65 each way.