Nike Softball Camp Cal State Monterey Bay Monterey, California
Nike Softball Camps is proud to once again have Debbie Nelson directing camp at CSU Monterey Bay. Nelson emphasizes hard work and the importance of being a team player. She provides each camper with new softball skills and the inspiration and self confidence to continue improving after camp.
Director Debbie Nelson is recognized as one of the top private teaching instructors in the business and is the owner of All American Sports Academy in Tracy, CA. The Academy was established in 1997 and has trained over 400 all league, all conference and all star student athletes.
- 8:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official NIKE Camp T-Shirt
- NIKE Lanyard
- Great NIKE prizes
- NIKE Softball Camp Graduation Certificate
- SPARQ Training Program (Speed, Agility, Quickness)
Located only two hours south of San Francisco in the heart of beautiful Monterey Bay, the CSUMB campus is surrounded by several popular destinations such as Big Sur, Cannery Row, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea, 17-Mile Drive and a number of world-class golf courses like Pebble Beach, Spanish Bay, Spyglass, and Black Horse.
Coach Nelson's training and coaching experience (over 24 years) began in Sacramento. After spending one year at St Francis High School where the team finished as CIF Champions, she spent the next six years at Sacramento State University.Read Full Bio
Debbie enjoys coaching and teaching athletes at all levels and loves to see the self-esteem, confidence and competitive skills her students athletes achieve through participation in sports! An Elite NIKE Softball Camp director, Coach Nelson also directs our camps in Reno, NV, Sunnyvale, CA and Santa Barbara, CA!
Graduation is 11:00 a.m. on Friday at the softball field.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:15 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:45 a.m. Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:50 a.m. Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 a.m. Warm Up
- 9:30 a.m. Hitting Circuits/Drills
- 10:30 a.m. Baserunning Drills
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Warm Up, Stretch, Throwing Drills
- 2:15 p.m. Position Work
- 4:35 p.m. Supervised Free Time
- 5:30 p.m. Dinner
- 6:30 p.m. Evening Activities/Games
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. Campers to Rooms/Lights Out