Camp Code: SBGRPA
Sunday, 1:00 p.m. – All campers
Check in takes place TBD. (Extended Day Campers will depart that evening at 9 p.m.)
Graduation will be at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday at the softball field.
US Sports Camps combines with Nike and USA/ASA Softball to offer the Nike Softball Camps sponsored by USA Softball.
USA Softball is the brand created, operated and owned by the ASA that links the USA Men's, Women's, Junior Boys' and Junior Girls' National Team programs together. USA Softball is responsible for training, equipping and promoting these four National Teams to compete in international and domestic competitions.
Lock Haven Softball Team Highlights
• 10 straight post-season play-off berths
• 2 national Championships (2006, 2009)
• 2 national Runner-up Finishes (1988, 2007)
• 5 All-Americans in last 12 years
• 20 plus Atlantic Regional Selections in 11 years
• 25 plus All-PSAC Selections in 11 years
• 2 Time Honda Award Winner
• 4 PSAC Pitcher of The Year Awards in 11 years
• 4 PSAC Athlete of the Year Awards in 11 years
• 1 PSAC Rookie of the Year Award
• Last three seasons Team GPA over 3.0
• 17 NFCA Academic All-Americans in last three years
Lock Haven University
Lock Haven University is located on the West Branch of the Susquehanna River in the scenic mountains of central Pennsylvania, a few minutes off I-80 (exit 178). The historic town of Lock Haven boasts a vital downtown with tree-lined streets and beautiful Victorian homes in a safe and quiet environment. Lock Haven is less than an hour from State College and Williamsport and four hours from New York, Philadelphia, Washington, and Pittsburgh.
The Nike Softball Campers will train on the Eagle's home turf, Lawrence Field. Lawrence Field was dedicated in 1953, named after former Lock Haven football player S. Dave (Whitey) Lawrence. A former field for football and field hockey, Lawrence Field is now the home of Lock Haven softball.
LHU’s home field also boasts batting cages, bullpens and a press box positioned just behind home plate.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake Up/Shower
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 9:00 a.m. Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:15 a.m. Offensive Station Training
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Defensive Station and Position Training
- 3:30 p.m. Live Hitting/Games
- 5:30 p.m. Dinner
- 7:00 p.m. Evening Activity
- 8:30 p.m. Fitness Center Open/Free Time
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. Campers to Rooms
- 11:00 p.m. Lights Out