NIKE Softball Camp at Charlotte Latin School Charlotte, North Carolina
Nike Softball Camps is thrilled to be offering our second year of summer camp at the Charlotte Latin School. This camp covers hitting, fielding, baserunning, and more. There is a strong focus on sportsmanship, individual improvement and having tons of fun.
Join us this summer and see your softball game improve!
- 8:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- NIKE Softball Camp T-shirt
- Great NIKE prizes
- NIKE Softball Camp Graduation Certificate
The Charlotte Latin School, a college preparatory day school, encompasses 122 acres in southeast Charlotte. Campers train daily on the home softball diamond and adjacent baseball diamond if needed.
Interscholastic athletics has a long and rich tradition at Charlotte Latin School. Throughout its 41-year history, our students have proven they can compete on the playing field, as well as in the classroom. Along with the many conference and state titles earned over the years, the School has always placed a premium on the values instilled and the lessons learned from athletic competition.Meet your coaching staff
Coach Eric Smith is entering his fifth season as the head of the Varsity Softball program at Charlotte Latin School. During the previous four seasons, the Hawks have won a CISAA conference championship and finished in the top three in the state tournament each of the last three years. The Hawks softball program has also produced 17 All-Conference players and 6 All-State selections in the last four years. Coach Smith has been coaching for 18 years at Charlotte Latin School. He coached the Girls basketball team for 10 seasons and led the team to two State Championships (’95,’97)and also coaches in the Hawks football program.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:45 a.m. Check in, warm-up/throwing mechanics/fielding.
- 8:15 a.m. Group Training Drills/Contests.
- 9:30 a.m. Circuit Training/Position Stategy.
- 10:30 a.m. Offensive and Skill Station Circuit Training.
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. Warm Up/Running Drills and Contests.
- 1:30 p.m. Team Organization.
- 2:00 p.m. Campers Depart