Nike Swim Camp at Ripon College Ripon, Wisconsin
Ripon College is located in Ripon, Wisconsin, 80 miles northwest of Milwaukee and 180 miles northwest of Chicago. Campers train each day in J.M. Storzer Center, the home facility of the Ripon Red Hawks, and stay in student housing located within walking distance to the pool.
Designed for competitive swimmers to improve and refine their stroke technique the Nike Swim Camp at Ripon College will give you the edge you need to compete at the next level.
Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
- Stroke technique refinement for competitive swimming
- Low camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision
- Small group and individual stroke analysis/instruction
- Fun evening social activities
- Every camper receives a Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Swim Cap
- Every camper is eligible to receive merit-based prizes during camp
Meet your coaching staff
Marty Wahle became the head coach of the Ripon Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving teams on May 30, 2012. Wahle came to Ripon after serving as an assistant swim coach at Misericordia University in Dallas, Penn., where he was also the men's team recruiter. In his two years at Misericordia, Wahle saw his team's swimmers break 32 school and four conference records.Read Full Bio
Wahle graduated Cum Laude from Minnesota State-Mankato in the Winter of 2009 with a B.S. in Elementary Education (K-6). While at Minnesota State, he was a 16-time NCAA Division-II All-American on the swim team from 2007-09 and participated in the 2008 Olympic Trials in the 200 backstroke. Minnesota State-Mankato's Most Valuable Male Athlete during the 2008-09 school year, Wahle served as the Swim Team Captain and was the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) representative for three years. He was also a three-time Academic All-American at Minnesota State-Mankato. Wahle went on to receive his M.A. in Education from Misericordia in the Spring of 2012.
Prior to his two years at Misericordia, Wahle was a camp counselor at a number of locations, including the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley, Colorado. As a camp counselor, Wahle served as an assistant swim coach, on deck assistant coach and dry-land coordinator, while teaching various sport skills and sportsmanship to children ages 6-15.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (overnighters)
- 8:50 am Extended Day Campers arrive, stretch
- 9:00 am Opening Comments and Discussion
- 9:15 am Pool Session 1
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 pm Supervised Free Time
- 1:30 pm Pool Session 2 & Dry land exercises
- 5:00 pm Dinner
- 6:30 pm Pool Session 3 or Evening Activities
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Lights out!