More Important Camp Details
Campus Recreation Center Natatorium
The University of Maryland's athletic facilities are some of the best you will find anywhere. Instruction is held in the Campus Recreation Center Natatorium, one of the premier swimming venues in the country, featuring a 50 X 25-yard pool with two movable bulkheads and an underwater sound system. Since 1998, the facility has been the host site for numerous national and international competitions.
The Nike Swim Camp at the University of Maryland is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (overnighters)
- 8:50 am Extended Day Campers arrive, stretch
- 9:00 am Opening Comments and Discussion
- 9:15 am Pool Session 1
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 pm Rest/Supervised Free Time
- 3:00 pm Pool Session 2
- 5:30 pm Dinner
- 7:00 pm Pool Session 3 or Evening Activities
- 8:30 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers - Lights out!