Nike Swim Camp at the University of Maryland College Park, Maryland
Located in the city of College Park just outside Washington, D.C. and only 30 miles from Baltimore and Annapolis the Nike Swim Camp at the University of Maryland has been a camper favorite for the past decade.
The Nike Swim Camp at the University of Maryland, College Park is designed to help competitive swimmers improve their stroke technique so they can compete at the next level.
Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
- Stroke technique refinement for competitive swimming
- Low camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision
- NEW - Overnight campers stay in air-conditioned dorm rooms!
- Small group and individual stroke analysis/instruction
- Fun evening social activities
- Every camper receives a Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Swim Cap
- Every camper is eligible to receive merit-based prizes during camp
The University of Maryland's athletic facilities are some of the best you will find anywhere. Instruction is held in the Campus Recreation Center Natatorium, one of the premier swimming venues in the country, featuring a 50 X 25-yard pool with two movable bulkheads and an underwater sound system. Since 1998, the facility has been the host site for numerous national and international competitions.
The Nike Swim Camp at the University of Maryland is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.
Also check out the Nike 5-Meter Water Polo Camp at the University of Maryland that runs Sunday, July 28th through Wednesday, July 31st.Meet your coaching staff
Directing the camp is Brendon Bray, SDSU's Associate Head Swim Coach. Coach Bray came to San Diego State from the University of Washington, where he was the men's and women's swimming assistant coach the past three years. During his time at UW, Bray helped coach multiple NCAA qualifiers and NCAA championship scorers. He also served as the recruiting coordinator and oversaw the day-to-day operations of the Huskies' swimming program.
Head Swim Coach at Frostburg State University
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
The University of Maryland is also hosting a Nike 5-Meter Water Polo Camp Sunday, July 28th through Wednesday, July 31st.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (overnighters)
- 8:50 am Extended Day Campers arrive, stretch
- 9:00 am Opening Comments and Discussion
- 9:15 am Pool Session 1
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 pm Rest/Supervised Free Time
- 3:00 pm Pool Session 2
- 5:30 pm Dinner
- 7:00 pm Pool Session 3 or Evening Activities
- 8:30 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers - Lights out!