Nike Swim Camp at Crafton Hills College Yucaipa, California
USSC is excited to offer three sessions of Nike Swim Camp this coming June and July. Instruction takes place at Crafton Hills College located in Yucaipa, CA. This camp is designed to help competitive swimmers improve their stroke technique so they can compete at the next level.
Crafton Hills College is 65 miles east of Los Angeles. It is located on the rolling hills above the cities of Yucaipa and Redlands. Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
- For competitive swimmers only
- Stroke technique refinement
- Small group and individual stroke analysis/instruction
- Half day camp 9:00am-12:00pm
- Every camper receives a Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Swim Cap
♦ Crafton Hills College is also hosting a Nike 5meter Water Polo Clinic August 9th and 10th.
Meet your coaching staff
John Ogden is the Head Coach of the Yucaipa Swim Team.
Coach Ogden comes to the Yucaipa swim team from the East Coast. John was the Head Swim coach and Regional Aquatic director for the YMCA of the North Shore in Beverly Ma. from 2006-2013. Prior to that John was Head Swim coach and Aquatic Director for the Glens Falls N.Y. from 1989 -2006. Coach Ogden is currently a Level 5 swim coach.
During his tenure as a swim coach at Glens Falls, John’s teams were perennial league and state champions. Over 100 swimmers acquired YMCA All American status and the tam had multiple USA Junior and Senior national swimmers. At North Shore, John’s team also had numerous YMCA All American swimmers with over 20 swimmers achieving USA Junior and Senior swimming standards. John has had 3 of his swimmers make the USA national Paralympics team. One of these swimmers was a Gold and Silver medalist at the London 2012 Paralympics.Read Full Bio
Coach Ogden has been a featured speaker at the ASCA world clinic and a number of other regional’s coach’s clinics through the US. John has received the ASCA certificate of Excellence. While in NY John was selected “Coach of the Year “for his stint as the Saratoga HS girls swimming team. John has recently been awarded the IKKOS award at the 2012 London Paralympics.
John resides in Yucaipa with his wife Sally.
The former Yucaipa High All-American was part of the 2011 and 2012 NCAA champion University of California team and was a first team All Pac-12 selection. During his senior season at Cal the men's team took home the 2013 Pac-12 Men's Swimming and Diving Championships, the first time someone other than their rival Stanford has claimed the conference team title in 31 years.
Hoyt competed for a spot on the 2012 Olympic team finishing 7th in the 200 breaststroke in the Olympic Trials.Read Full Bio
- Trevor finished 6th in the 100 breast and 3rd in the 200 breast at NCAAs in 2013. He was also a member of both the 400 medley relay and the 200 medley relay teams for Cal both of which finished 2nd at the NCAAs in 2013.
- Was the 2012 NCAA runner-up in the 200 breast with a school-record time of 1:51.90
- Also placed sixth in the 100 breast at the 2012 NCAA meet with a time of 52.55
- Was third at the 2012 Pac-12 championships in the 200 breast
- Besides Cal's top time in the 200 breast, has the school's seventh-best all-time mark in the 100 breast (52.52)
High School Success
- Was a two-time CIF Southern Section champion in the 100 breast and 200 IM
- Named the 2009 Yucaipa High School Athlete of the Year
- Owned school records in the 200 IM (1:46.96), 100 breast (55.24) and 500 free (4:30.20), and was a member of the top 200 medley and 200 and 400 free relays
- Was a two-time High School Academic All-American
Session I: July 14-19
• Focusing on improving technique upcoming championship meets
• Starts, turns and finishes
• Fine tune your competitive strokes
• Ideal for prospective or current high school swimmers
Session II: July 28-31
• Learn to swim with ease and efficiency
• Designed for beginning to intermediate level swimmers
• Focusing on proper development and instruction of all four competitive strokes
• Introduction to starts, turns and finishes
♦ Camps take place at the Crafton Hills Swim Stadium
♦ Check-in 9:00am Monday - Thursday
♦ Check-out 12:00pm Monday - Thursday
Read camper reviews