July 14-18 Peak Performance Swim Camp Naples, Italy
A Holistic Approach To Competitive Swimming
This is a private swim camp for members of the U.S. Military.
In order for a swimmer to realize their full swimming potential they must be mentally, technically and physically fit. Contrary to popular belief, physical fitness by itself is not enough. A swimmer must also possess a high degree of mental and technical fitness.
At Peak Performance we pride ourselves in offering a balance between physical, technical and mental training. Referring to the chart below Peak 1 offers a 75/25 blend of physical and technical conditioning while Peak 2 offers a 50/50 blend of physical and technical conditioning. In addition, this camp offers an in-depth mental conditioning curriculum designed to enhance a swimmer's self-esteem, develop focus skills and improve the ability to perform in stressful situations.
Meet your coaching staff
Former Olympic Coach Nick Baker founded Peak Performance Swim Camp in 1996. His vision was to create a holistic approach that would maximize an individual's potential and meet the needs of competitive swimmers of all ages and abilities. Over the past 14 years thousands of swimmers have participated in a Peak Performance Swim CampRead Full Bio
The camp’s one-of-a-kind holistic approach and positive coaching style was created by Coach Nick Baker, founder and head coach of Peak Performance Swim Camp. Following is a brief list of his swimming and coaching highlights:
• Qualified for Olympic Trials in the 200 breaststroke
• Twenty-one years as a club coach
• Coached at the World Junior Olympics in Madrid, Spain in 1991
• Attended the 1992 Olympics as the personal coach of Olympic Swimmer Lisa Flood
• Twenty years as an exclusive swim camp/private coach
• Author of two popular swimming-related books, 101 Winning Ways and The Swimming Triangle
• A featured writer for Swimming World Magazine
• Conducted more than 350 swim camps & clinics though out the US and 15 foreign countries
• More than 900 swimmers, from 40 countries, attended Peak Performance Swim Camp in 2013
• A featured clinician at numerous coaching clinics throughout the world
• In the past forty-one years he has had the opportunity to work with many elite-level swimmers, including: World Record Holders, Olympic Medalists, Olympic Finalists, Olympic Trial Qualifiers, NCAA Champions, Senior and Junior National Champions, Zone Champions, State Champions, Junior Olympic Champions, and more
A number of positive, enthusiastic and knowledgeable coaches will be on deck to assist Coach Baker.
PEAK 2 offers a 50/50 blend of technical and physical conditioning and well suited for medium to elite-level age group swimmers who have qualified for top age group competition in their state/province. Participants must possess the maturity and discipline to handle 4 hours of in-water training per day plus 1 hour of dry-land training per day. In addition, they must exhibit a high degree of technical competency and physical fitness. Participants must be able to perform all four competitive strokes and turns and the three competitive starts (front, back, relay).
Rather than offer a series of generic training sets, each practice is created to reflect the group's needs and talent level. In addition, we do not condone garbage yardage or mindless meters. Each lap of practice must have purpose!
All-together PEAK 2 includes: 9 challenging in-water training sessions, 4 dry-land training sessions, 2 yoga sessions, and 2-3 mental conditioning sessions.
July 14 – Time To Be Announced
July 18 – Time To Be Announced
101 WINNING WAYS: Written by former Olympic Coach Nick Baker, this book identifies 101 winning attitudes common to all great swimmers - including Michael Phelps. A must read for swimmers of all ages! Price: $15.00
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
A DAY AT CAMP
9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Swim
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Catered Lunch
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Mental Skills Plus
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Swim
CAMP POOL LOCATION
U.S. Naval Base Capodichino
Gricignano di Aversa
81030 Naples, Italy