(Camp Code: TNXRAZ)
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Dartfish video analysis will be used during the camp to analyze and improve your strokes. See your strokes compared to a top playing professional! Your Dartfish Mediabook will be posted to a private player locker on Dartfish.tv and reviewed with you by the staff at camp (click here for an example). You will receive a printout showing key positions with corrective comments. After camp, these Dartfish interactive analyses are available for purchase. For $19.95, the package includes:
- Stroke Analysis: your Dartfish Mediabook contains videos of your strokes, plus side-by-side comparison with a pro, along with comments.
- Pro Stroke Library: one month access to Pro Stroke Library, featuring hundreds of strokes in both real and high speed.
- Camp highlights video*: This video of camp activities and friends all set to music will be something everyone will want to have and keep forever. (*Only offered at participating locations.)
NOTE: Regardless of whether you purchase the post-camp package, all campers will be filmed at camp, see their mediabook, and go home with a printout.
• Overnight Campers check-in between 4:00-5:00pm Sunday at the dorms.
• Day Campers have the option to check in on Sunday at 5:00pm at the dorm where they will join the camp for an orientation (rules, schedule, etc) a pizza party and supervised “open hit” at the courts immediately following or they can check in on Monday morning at 8:30am at the Tennis Center. There will be another orientation on Monday for day campers. Day campers who check-in on Sunday at 5:00pm will be picked up that night at 7:30pm at the Robson Tennis Center.
• Half-Day Campers check-in on Monday at 8:30am.
• Graduation: All campers: 11:00am on Friday at Robson Tennis Center. Parents are invited to attend!
• Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony at 11:30am at the dorms.
*Parents who do not attend the graduation may meet their kids at 12:00am at the dorms for check-out.
Day and Half-Day Camper Schedule & Information
• Day campers who check-in on Sunday at 5:00pm will be picked up that night at 7:30pm at the Robson Tennis Center.
• Day campers come Monday through Thursday from 8:30am-3:30pm.
• Half Day Campers attend Monday-Friday from 8:30am-11:30am.
• Meals: Lunch is included for Day Campers. Half Day Campers depart before lunch.
Campers play in the La Nelle Robson Tennis Complex which features 17 regulation size courts, a center-court grandstand, and lights.
Campers reside in the Santa Cruz Hall Dorms on campus (2014). They will stay 2 per room (no triples) and are assigned by age and roommate requests. The dorms have A/C (2014)!
Evening camp activities may include bingo and casino nights, camp talent shows, as well as on-court tennis games and an exhibition night.
Weekend Stayovers: There are no weekend stayovers at this location.
Designated Airport: Tucson
Nike Tennis Camps does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Tucson International Airport and schedule a shuttle from the airport to camp. You can arrange local transportation through Arizona Stage Coach (520) 889-1000.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Located in the heart of Tucson, the University of Arizona boasts 356 acres and beautiful athletic facilities, including a world-class swimming center. Campers will swim.
This is not an official function of the University of Arizona. Camps are open to any and all entrants.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 am Wake-Up
- 7:30 - 8:30 am Breakfast at Student Union
- 8:30 –11:00 am Tennis (drills and instruction)
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm Lunch at Student Union
- 1:00 - 3:00 pm Match Play
- 3:00 - 5:00 pm Off-court activities (swimming, soccer, flag football)
- 5:00 - 7:00 pm Dinner/free time
- 10:30 pm Lights out