More Important Camp Details
We offer Full Day (9:00am-3:00pm) and Half Day (9:00am-11:45am) camps for boys and girls, ages 7-18, with All Skills and 10&Under Tennis programs offered all weeks.
2017 Camp Dates
- June 12-16
- June 19-23
- June 26-30
- July 17-21
Camp Program Offerings
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
All Skills Program
The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
10 and Under Tennis
The “10 and Under Tennis” program features the USTA’s successful teaching format. This is an exciting way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
- Check in will be every morning between 8:30am-9:00am at the Charlotte Latin tennis courts.
- Use the Providence Road entrance into Charlotte Latin School and proceed to Belk Gym. There will be Nike Camp staff at the "Latin Hawk" in front of Belk Gym to meet you and take the campers to the tennis courts. The courts are located behind Belk Gym.
- Campers can be picked up at the tennis courts at the end of each session.
- Half day campers will be available for pickup at the Latin tennis courts at 12:00pm every day.
- Full day campers will be available for pickup at the Latin tennis courts at 3:00pm every day, except Friday when check-out is at 12:00pm.
Daily Program Schedule
- Half Day Campers: 9:00am-12:00pm on Monday - Friday
- Full Day Campers: 9:00am-3:00pm on Monday-Thursday and 9:00am-12:00pm on Friday
Full Day Campers should bring their own lunch Monday-Thursday. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
Campers will play on the school's six tennis courts, located adjacent to the Beck Student Activities Center.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDCV
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:15am Tennis Instruction
- 10:15am Break
- 10:30am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Half day campers depart.
Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 12:45pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:00pm Break
- 2:10pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 3:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program