Camp Program Offerings
All Skills Program
The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
Tournament Training Camp
We are hosting a Tournament Training session geared towards tournament level and ranked players, ages 9-18, looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Prep Camp
We are hosting a Preseason High School Training session for girls ages 13-18 who are currently on their high school team and want to move up the ladder, or those planning on making their high school team.
- Overnight Campers: Sunday at 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Day & Extended Day Campers: Sunday at 2:00pm-2:30pm
- Check in is at Lamson Lodge (next to the “left” side of the tennis courts). Signs will be posted directing you where to go.
- Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
- Day Campers will depart that evening at 6:30pm.
- Extended Day Campers will depart that evening at 7:30pm.
- Graduation: Last day of camp at 4:30pm at the tennis courts for all campers. Please plan to be at the courts by no later than 4:00pm. Parents are invited to attend!
- Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony.
Extended Day and Day Camper Schedule
- Day Camp Hours: 8:45am-4:30pm (except first day, see above.)
- Extended Day Camp Hours: 8:45am-9:00pm (except first and last day, see above)
Lunch & dinner are included for Extended Day campers. Lunch is included for Day campers.
Denison University’s varsity tennis courts feature 12 outdoor courts, six of which have full lighting. Indoor facilities are available in cases of inclement weather. The outdoor courts, along with the indoor facility in the Mitchell Center, has been host to the North Coast Athletic Conference Men's and Women's Tennis Championship and various NCAA Division III men's and women's regional championships.
2017: Campers will reside in the Dorms on campus. Each camper has his/her own room in a suite of four rooms. All sessions might have air conditioning but cannot be guaranteed at this time.
Evening activities may include a trip to the mall, movie night, sports psychology night, a talent show and more!
Weekend stayovers are not available at this location.
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Columbus Airport for ground transportation please visit www.columbusairport.com.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
In the chance of rain we will do a variety of fitness activities along with indoor tennis.
There is a nurse or trainer on call at all times
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRDU
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
- 4:15pm Groups or Private Extra Help, Optional Tennis, Swimming
- 5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 7:15pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:30pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 10:15pm Lights Out