GZ Nike Tennis Camp Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
The GZ Nike Tennis Camp is a summer camp held at Elizabethtown College. Camp is geared towards young athletes who can come improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun. We give each of our campers the opportunity to hit a ton of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by other players in their peer group.
Come join the fun this summer and get better! Our youth summer camps combine technical instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff, supervised match play, and a variety of evening social activities. Instruction, drills and match play will be tailored to the various skill groups each week. At Nike Tennis Camp you will improve your skills in a high-energy environment that is positive and fun! Cutting-edge tennis instruction and superior facilities make this camp a great place to learn.
Dartfish video analysis offered at this camp! See details tab for more info.
- Daily instruction from the head of GZ Tennis, George Zink, and his experienced staff
- Safe, healthy and fun environment
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction with low camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
Founded in 1899, Elizabethtown College is located on 200 acres in southern Pennsylvania. Elizabethtown College's great facilities include six courts on campus and an additional six courts within walking distance. Campers will also have access to the indoor pool.Meet your coaching staff
Directed by George Zink, one of the top ranked USTA players in the men's 35s. Zink has coached seven National Champions and worked with all level of players to improve their tennis game. He has incredible passion and energy for the game and brings this to each and every session!
- 9-Time National Champion
- Ranked Top 600 ATP Singles & Doubles
- All-American, Southern Illinois Unversity
- 3-Time Ranked #1 in the Country
- Coached 7 National Champions
- Inducted into Lancaster County Sports Hall of Fame, 2007
George is the tennis director at Bent Creek Country Club in Lititz, PA and both men's and women's coach at F&M University. He achieved a world ranking on the ATP tour in both singles and doubles. In 2005, he was ranked #1 in the USTA 35 & over division. In the past he has also achieved the #1 ranking in both the 25 and 30 & over divisions. An All-American at Southern Illinois University, George has coached over seven National Champions and worked with all level players to improve their tennis game. Believing that if the game is learned right a lifetime passion is born, George directs his talents in helping others to improve their game.
- 4-time All American NCAA Div I
- 2-time PIAA Singles State Champ
- #1 NCAA Ntl Clay Court Champ.
- Head Coach, F&M
- 8-time All CAA Conf.
- #1 Mid States, 4 years
- #1 William and Mary
- Assistant Coach, F&M
- 2003 Copper Bowl Champ
- #1 in Middle States in 2003
- #32 in the Nation in 2003
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXRFR)
This year we are offering three weeks of overnight and day camp (9am-4pm) for kids ages 8-18 of all skill levels. Lunch is included for all Day Campers.
All Campers: 4:00-5:30pm on Sunday. Look for signs directing you to check-in. (Day Campers will depart that evening after a pizza party at 8:30pm.)
Graduation: 3:30pm on Thursday for all campers.
Check Out: 4:00 p.m. on Thursday for all campers
Day Camp Program Schedule
Campers should arrive 10 minutes prior to their session start (except Sunday for check-in). Day camp runs from 9:00am-4:00pm. Lunch is included for all Day Campers.
Dartfish video analysis will be used during the camp to analyze and improve your strokes and is provided at no extra charge for all campers. See your strokes compared to a top playing professional! Your Dartfish Mediabook will be posted to a private player locker on Dartfish.tv and reviewed with you by the staff at camp (click here for an example). The package includes:
- Stroke Analysis: Your Dartfish Mediabook contains videos of your strokes, plus side-by-side comparison with a pro, along with comments.
- Pro Stroke Library: Three months of access to Pro Stroke Library, featuring hundreds of strokes in both real and high speed.
- Camp highlights video*: This video of camp activities and friends all set to music will be something everyone will want to have and keep forever. (*Only offered at participating locations.)
Campers will play on six courts on campus, with an additional six courts available within walking distance if necessary.
Campers will stay in the College's modern residence halls, where supervision is provided by tennis camp counselors.There is A/C in the dorms (2014). Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. Some triples and quads may be available, but not guaranteed.
Meals are served in the campus dining facilities. A wide variety of fresh food designed to satisfy everyone's appetite with food choices to rival your favorite restaurants will be offered.
Campers will unwind after tennis with activities such as movies, swimming, laser tag plus team tennis and other fun team building activities.
Weekend Stayovers: Weekend stayovers are not available at this location.
Designated Airport: Philadelphia International
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Philadelphia International Airport and schedule a shuttle/bus from the airport to camp.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 3:30 - 5:30 pm Check-in
- 6 pm Meet at courts to go over week schedule and rules of camp
- 6:30 - 8 pm Drills & point play
- 8 pm Pizza Party
- 10 pm Lights Out
- 7 - 7:45 am Fitness
- 8 - 8:45 am Breakfast
- 8:50 am Arrive at tennis courts
- 9 - 11:30 am On-court drills
- 11:30 am - 1 pm Lunch
- 1 - 3:30 pm Coached point play
- 3:30 - 4 pm On-court fitness
- 4 - 5:30 pm Free time (swimming, relaxing, movie)
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30 - 8 pm Camp tournament and match play
- 8 - 9:30 pm Free time (movie, relaxing, team building games)
- 10:00 pm Lights out
- 7 - 7:45 am Fitness
- 8 - 8:45am Breakfast
- 8:50am Arrive at tennis courts
- 9-11:30am On-court drills
- 11:30 - 1 pm Lunch
- 1 - 3:30pm Coached point play
- 3:30pm Award presentation
- 4 - 5:00pm Pick up