Camp Program Offerings
Each day will include morning and afternoon tennis sessions consisting of instruction, drills and match play. Demonstrations will divide each session into different segments. Upon arrival, all campers are evaluated and placed in one of three instructional programs.
Learn the fundamentals for all strokes, including proper grips, stroke mechanics, footwork, movement and balance. Introduce match play. For players ages 5-10 who are just learning the sport we offer a "QuickStart" or "10 and Under" program. This program provides a positive introduction to tennis fundamentals and low key match play situations for younger campers. Balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. Racquets are sized to smaller hands for better grip and control. Courts are smaller and easier to cover so that kids can focus on developing tactical and technical skills—with more success and less frustration.
Strengthen strokes to develop more power and control. Examine match play strategies to help improve competitive skills.
Refine stroke production, increase power and improve match play skills through advanced drills, physical training and singles and doubles competition. The Tournament Training Program geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
College Training Camp
We are offering a College Training Camp from June 24-27, 2016 for players ages 13-17. Campers can choose between an Overnight or Day (9:00am-4:00pm) camp.
- This College Training Camp is ideally suited for tournament-level junior players who are on a pathway for playing college tennis
- Strong emphasis will be placed on player development with intense drilling and fitness sessions
- College coaches will share their insight on competing at the highest level
- Special focus will be given to strategy and tactics during point play
- Will feature information sessions on preparing your game for college tennis as well as in-depth presentations on conducting a recruiting search
- Camp will also provide competitive match play and mental toughness training
Daily Schedules & Information
College Training Camp Session
- Check In: All campers check-in on Friday at 1:00pm at the dorms
- Check Out: All campers check-out on Monday at 3:00pm
Day Camper Schedule:
- Friday: 1:00pm - 8:30pm
- Sat-Sun: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Mon: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Overnight & Day Camp Sessions
- Check-in: Overnight campers check-in on Sunday between 2:00-3:30pm at the dorms. Day and Half Day campers check-in on Monday at 8:30am.
- Check-out: All campers check-out Friday at 12:00 noon at the tennis courts.
Day Camper Schedule:
- Morning half-day sessions: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Day camp sessions: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-12:00pm, Friday.
Before camp and after camp care is available for Day Campers:
- Before care: 8:00am-9:00am ($10 per person, payable at camp. Arrangements can be made at camp check in.)
- Aftercare: 4:00-5:00pm ($10 per person, payable at camp. Arrangements can be made at camp check in.)
Day Only Camp Sessions
- Check In: All Campers check-in Monday at 8:30am (check below for locations based on age).
- Check Out: Half-Day session campers check-out Friday at 12:00 noon at the tennis courts. Full-Day session campers check-out Friday at 4pm.
Day Camper Schedule:
- Morning half-day sessions: 9am-12pm, Monday-Friday
- Day camp sessions: 9am-4pm, Monday-Friday
Emory University – Clairmont and Atlanta Campus
Resident Camper check-in location:
Evans Hall Dorms
4 Eagle row
Atlanta, GA 30322
Day Campers, aged 11 and under:
Student Activity & Academic Center
1946 Starvine Way
Decatur, GA 30033
Day campers, aged 12 and older:
Woodruff Physical Ed Center
26 Eagle Row
Atlanta, GA 30322
During the College Training Camp, Day campers should bring their lunch each day, and also bring $15 for dinner on Friday. All other sessions, Full Day campers bring their lunch each day or can buy lunch at the cafeteria. Half Day campers depart before lunch.
Emory’s outstanding facilities include 12 lighted hard courts and 2 clay courts, grass playing fields, gymnasium, swimming pool, and recreation center.
2016: Dorms TBD | 2015: Campers stay in the dorms on campus. Campers are placed 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. No triples are available. There is A/C in the dorms!
In the evenings, campers will participate in a variety of fun supervised activities.
Weekend Stayovers are not available at this location.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to or from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and schedule a shuttle from the airport to camp.
If you are using public transportation: coming from the airport, take any train northbound to Lindbergh MARTA station, and take the #6-Emory bus to the Emory campus. Ask the bus driver to stop in Emory Village near the Emory main entrance. For specific shuttle information, please visit: http:www.atlanta.com/GroundTransportation/Shuttles.aspx
Additional public transportation information can be accessed at MARTA 404.848.5000.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXREU
Sample Daily Schedule
- FOR OVERNIGHT & DAY CAMP SESSIONS: (Not College Training Session)
- 7:45am Rise and Shine
- 8:15am Breakfast
- 9:00am Stretching/Tennis instruction begins/Drills
- 10:15am Break
- 10:30am Tennis instruction/Drills
- Noon Lunch/Rest (Half Day Campers Depart)
- 1:30pm Mental Training
- 2:00pm Match Play/Team Tennis
- 4:00pm Return to dorms/Shower/Rest (Full Day Campers Depart)
- 6:00pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Lights out!