2015 Lake Tahoe Summer Tennis Camp Information
One of our longest operating camps, this location is celebrating its 25th year in 2015 with four weeks of Overnight, Day (9:00am-4:00pm), and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) tennis camp for kids ages 9-18 of all ability levels. There is a special high school component during both the first and last weeks of camp. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own tennis instruction needs can be addressed during their tennis instruction throughout the week.
High School Program
The High School Program is for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- Overnight & Day Campers: Sunday from 2:00-4:00pm at the Granlibakken Pavilion. Follow the signs for the Nike Tennis Camp check-in.
- Day and Extended Day Campers will depart that evening after dinner and evening activities at 9:00pm.
- Graduation: 3:00pm at the Granlibakken Pavillion. Parents are invited to attend!
- Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony at 4:00pm on Friday.
Day and Exteded Day Program Schedule
- All campers (overnight and day) check-in Sunday from 2:00-4:00pm at the Granlibakken Pavilion.
- Camp will start at 9:15am each morning (except day 1) at the tennis courts for Extended Day & Day campers.
- Day campers will leave after all tennis activities at 4:00pm.
- Extended Day campers will stay through the evening activities until 9:00pm.
All Day & Extended Day campers must eat breakfast at home. Lunch is included for all Day campers. Lunch and dinner are included for all Extended Day campers.
There are five courts located on site and additional courts at a nearby high school.
Campers will stay in the resorts "pool rooms" with 4-8 kids per room.
*** Family members of Nike Tennis Campers wanting to stay at the Granlibakken Resort will get 15% off! To get this deal please call 800-543-3221.
Evening and Off-Court Activities
Supervised off-court fun includes beach outings to the Lake, miniature golf, casino night and a camp dance.
Weekend stayovers are available and includes housing, meals and supervision for Friday and Saturday night. Cost is $250/weekend.
International Camper Options
International or domestic campers seeking a multi-week sport camp experience, can easily combine any of our individual tennis camp sessions at this location with a weekend stay over to create the right camp program to fit your needs!
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into the Reno airport and take the Granlibakken Resort shuttle from the airport to camp. To make a reservation for pick-up/drop-off, please contact the Granlibakken Resort front desk at 530-583-4242.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Click here for a look at our previous "end of camp" videos!
Camp Code: TNXRTA
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Breakfast
- 9:15am Stretching
- 9:30am-12:30pm Tennis/Drills
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm-4:00pm Tennis/Drills (on Tuesday and Wednesday, half the campers go River Rafting and vice versa on the other day)
- 4:00pm-5:00pm Break/Swimming/Free Tennis
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Tennis or Evening Activity
- 9:30pm Rooms
- 10:00pm Lights out!