2016 Butler University Nike Tennis Camp Information
This year we are offering two weeks of Day (9:00am-3:00pm) tennis camp for kids ages 7-18 of all skill levels, with a special High School High Performance Program during the first session. In addition, we are offering one week of Overnight High School High Performance tennis camp, for high school aged players only, ages 13-18. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own tennis instruction needs can be addressed throughout the week.
2016 Camp Program Offerings
High School High Performance Session
In addition to the All Skills program, this year we are offering a High School High Performance Camp during the first week of camp. This session is provided for players (age 13-18) currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder. It is also geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness. These key components of the game at the higher level will be focused on throughout the week.
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
Overnight Camp Program Schedule
- Sunday: All campers check-in between 4:00-5:00pm.
- Thursday: All campers check-out at 12:00pm, immediately following a graduation ceremony.
Day Camp Program Schedule
- Monday: All campers check-in between 8:00-9:00am, and depart at 3:00pm.
- Tuesday-Thursday: All campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 3:00pm.
- Friday: All campers arrive at 9:00am and check-out at 4:00pm at the tennis courts, following a Graduation Ceremony at 3:00pm.
Lunch is provided for all campers.
Campers will utilize the 6 outdoor courts as well as the 4 hard courts in the indoor Butler Tennis Bubble.
2016: Dorms TBD | 2015: Campers will stay in the dorms on campus. Campers can request roommates, otherwise they will be placed in rooms based on gender and age.
Evening activities vary by location, but may include Movie night, Tournament Night, and Swimming.
Weekend stayovers are not available at this location.
Indianapolis International Airport
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Indianapolis International Airport and schedule a shuttle from the airport to camp.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRBU
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am Breakfast
- 9:00am Day Campers arrive
- 9:00-9:30am Stretching / Warm-ups
- 9:30am-12:00 noon Tennis Instruction, Drills, Skill Work & Strategy sessions
- 12:00 noon - 1:00pm Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:00pm-3:30pm Tennis Program, Match Play, Doubles and Drills
- 3:30pm Day Campers depart
- 3:30-5:30pm Free time, optional tennis, showers
- 5:30-6:30pm Dinner
- 6:30-9:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Lights out