Camp Program Offerings
2015 Programs by Week
June 28-July 3 (All Skills & Tournament Training)
July 5-10 (All Skills & Tournament Training)
July 12-17 (All Skills & Tournament Training)
July 19-24 (All Skills & Tournament Training)
July 26-31 (All Skills & High School & Tournament Training)
August 2-7 (All Skills & High School & Tournament Training)
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Program
The high school session is provided for players currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
The tennis program consists of five to six hours of daily instruction which includes technical work in the form of drills, strategy sessions, on-and-off court conditioning, supervised point and match play, mental toughness and game analysis. In addition to supervised free play, campers will receive special help sessions at night on forehand, backhand, serve and volley. The techniques and methods build confidence, while the group dynamics enable the students to get more done and have more fun.
Classes are programmed for three different proficiency levels: beginners, intermediates and advanced players — of all ages. Each student will be tested weekly and placed in a group of similar ability, and age so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. Beginners will be playing tennis in just a few days; intermediates will improve all aspects of their game; and advanced players will sharpen their game to a competitive edge.
- Overnight Campers 12 o'clock noon - 2:00 pm on Sunday
- Day Campers 1:30-2:30 pm on Sunday
- All campers 4:00 pm on Friday (early Check Out available if needed)
The outstanding facilities include eleven outdoor courts, grass and Astroturf sports fields, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, outdoor swimming pool, new air conditioned dorms, and a wonderful dining facility. MB Nike Sports Camps will have exclusive use of these state of the art facilities. In the event of rain, campers will rotate among indoor courts to do off-court conditioning & strength training and will watch tennis videos. In some cases they will do trivia and ping pong tournaments and make up the tennis hours when the weather improves.
In addition to the amazing tennis experience, we offer our campers a great opportunity to escape the courts and have some fun in the evenings. Each week we offer a variety of off-court activities (both on and off campus, some of which may incur an additional fee).
- On-campus activities examples: gymnasium (basketball), swimming, ping-pong, movies, cards, board games, and more.
- Off-campus activities examples: Major League Soccer Game; Boston Lobsters Tennis Team, Whale Watch, Water Country, Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, Boston Duck Tour, Funway Café (entertainment complex which includes mini-golf, batting cages, bumper boats and more!); and lastly, Laser Zone. Staff members accompany our campers on all trips.
- Evening activites examples: Sky Zone Trampoline, Paintball, Movies, Bowling, Trips to downtown Boston and the Mall, 6 Flags, and 4th of July BBQ (Evening activities are subject to change at anytime. Campers will be placed into updated activity list).
Weekend stayovers are available for $250/weekend and include housing and meals for Friday and Saturday night, along with the fee for the weekend activities (roughly $50-60 addition).
International Camper Options
International campers seeking a Sport and Language program can find a list of camp sessions and a detailed description of our new programs by clicking this link. International campers seeking a Sport Only program, a multi-week sport camp experience, can easily combine any of our individual Tennis Camp sessions together with a weekend stay over to create the right camp program to fit your needs!
Round trip airport transfers from Boston Logan Airport are available for an additional fee of $175. After you complete your camp registration, additional information will be forthcoming about how to sign up and pay for these additional services. We understand that flights do not always arrive during the "typical pick up time" listed in your registration packet, and that is fine. As long as we have the flight information in advance we are very flexible with the pick up and drop off times.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. PLEASE NOTE: Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Other Nike Sports Camps at Curry College
At the same location, there is a NIKE Softball Camp, NIKE Baseball Camp, NIKE Tennis Camp, NIKE Golf Camp, NIKE Volleyball Camp and NIKE Lacrosse Camp. All 7 sports camps are directed by the owners: Mehdi and Maria Belhassan. Many campers who play more than one sport are able to play 1 week of Volleyball and additional weeks in any other sport (without ever having to move locations… they can even stay in the same dorm room!) This is a great opportunity for athletes with multiple interests to get great intensive training in their favorite sports at one location - play tennis one week and soccer, lacrosse, golf, or softball the next! When mixing sports, campers must participate in at least 1 full week of each sport. Sports can not be mixed during the week. This is because each sports camp is an Intensified Training Program and should not be interrupted mid week.
Camp Code: TNXROD
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:15pm Groups or Private Extra Help, Optional Tennis, Swimming
- 5:00pm Day Campers Depart. Rest, Shower, Dinner for other campers.
- 7:15pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:30pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 10:15pm Lights Out