Nike Tennis Camp at Dominican University San Rafael, California
Nike Tennis Camps is excited to announce a new tennis camp at Dominican University for 2013! This summer camp is for high school athletes (ages 13-18) to elevate their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have tons of fun.
The Nike Tennis Camp at Dominican University is geared towards players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team. Campers will have the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group. We combine technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff, supervised match play, and strategy sessions.
- Daily on-court instruction from Dominican University Head Women's Coach, Alex Poorta, and her experienced staff
- Offers special High School program for ages 13-18
- 5-6 hours of tennis daily with a 6:1 student to teacher ratio
- Every camper will receive a Nike Tennis Camp t-shirt
Campers will play tennis at the Castellucci Family Tennis Center at John F. Allen Athletics Complex which has six regulation tennis courts and a viewing area for spectators.Meet your coaching staff
Alex Poorta is the Head Women's Tennis Coach at Dominican University. A native of Amsterdam, Poorta was a three-time all-WCC player at St. Mary’s and the first Gaels player to be named conference player of the year and invited to the NCAA Singles Championships.Read Full Bio
Poorta finished the 2011 season with an 8-0 record in WCC singles matches and was 14-7 overall, including a victory over top-ranked Jana Juricova of Cal on Jan. 23 in the final day of the Cal Winter Invitational. She was named the 2011 West Coast Conference Player of the Year.
Poorta, who is a certified fitness trainer, continues to play competitively. She plans to play club tennis professionally this summer in Germany and Holland. She was the third-ranked Dutch player in her country as an 18-year-old and was among the Top 20 in seniors.
(Camp Code: TNXDDH)
This year we are offering one week of Day (8:30am-3:30pm) camp geared towards players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
• 8:30am on Monday at the tennis courts
• Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
• 3:30pm on Friday at the tennis courts
Camper Schedule & Information
• Camp runs Monday-Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm
• Meals: Day campers bring their lunch each day
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into the Oakland or San Francisco International Airport and schedule a taxi or shuttle from the airport to camp.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching / Warm-ups
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction, Drills, Strategy Work
- 11:30am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 12:30pm Tennis Program, Match Play, Doubles and Drills
- 3:30pm End of daily tennis program