Nike Tennis Camp at Edwardsville High School Edwardsville, Illinois
Nike Tennis Camps is proud to host a new camp in Illinois this summer! Come enjoy the summer and improve your tennis at the Nike Tennis Camp at Edwardsville High School. This youth summer camp is ideal for campers wanting to work hard, have fun, make new friends and take their tennis to the next level!
The Nike Tennis Camp at Edwardsville High School combines technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff as well as supervised match play in a Full or Half Day camp program. This is a summer tennis camp for young athletes to come and improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun. Our goal is to give players the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group.
- Daily instruction from EHS Varsity coach, David Lipe, and Triad HS Boys coach, Jack Carmody, and their experienced staff.
- 6 hours of daily instruction with low camper to staff ratio
- Daily drilling, team and individual match play, and fun on-court games
- All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- Gain self-confidence through tennis success
Campers will play tennis on Edwardsville High School's 8 outdoor tennis courts.Meet your coaching staff
Edwardsville High School Varsity Boys and Girls Coach & former player at SIUE/Principia College.
Triad High School Boys coach & former player at University of Illinois, Springfield
(Camp Code: TNXDER)
This year we are offering one week of Full Day (8:00am-2:30pm) or Half Day (8:00am-11:30am) camp for kids ages 8-18 of all skill levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training and High School programs:
In addition to the All Skills program, this year we are offering a tournament training and a high school program as well. Make sure to note that you would like to participate in these programs when you register.
- The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- The high school session is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
10 and Under Tennis:
We also offer a “10 and Under Tennis” program for kids ages 8-10 years old, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
Check-in / Check-out Times:
• Check In: All Campers: 7:30am Monday at the tennis courts.
• Check Out: Half Day Campers: 11:30pm Thursday at the tennis courts.
Full Day Campers: 2:30pm Thursday at the tennis courts.
Daily Program Schedule & Information:
• Half Day Campers: Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-11:30am
• Full Day Campers: Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-2:30pm
Meals: Lunch is included for all campers.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:00am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis; Half Day Campers depart
- 11:30am Tennis Program, Match Play
- 1:00pm Double and Drills
- 2:30pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program