Nike Tennis Camp at Edwardsville High School Edwardsville, Illinois
Nike Tennis Camps is proud to host another two weeks of tennis camp in Illinois this summer! Come enjoy the summer and improve your tennis at the Nike Tennis Camp at Edwardsville High School. This youth summer camp is ideal for campers wanting to work hard, have fun, make new friends and take their tennis to the next level!
The Nike Tennis Camp at Edwardsville High School combines technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff as well as supervised match play in a Full or Half Day camp program. This is a summer tennis camp for young athletes to come and improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun. Our goal is to give players the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group.
- Daily instruction from EHS Varsity coach, David Lipe, and his experienced staff.
- 6 hours of daily instruction with low camper to staff ratio
- Daily drilling, team and individual match play, and fun on-court games
- All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- Gain self-confidence through tennis success
Campers will play tennis on Edwardsville High School's 8 outdoor tennis courts.Meet your coaching staff
Edwardsville High School Varsity Boys and Girls Coach & former player at SIUE/Principia College.
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDER)
This year we are offering two weeks of Full Day (8:00am-2:30pm) or Half Day (8:00am-11:30am) camp for kids ages 8-18 of all skill levels. We offer three different programs during the summer:
- The Beginner program is for players ages 8-18 of all skill levels. This program is geared towards players completely new to the game or those who have begun to love the sport and want to get better. Greatly improve all your skills, and learn new ones, through intensive tennis training that includes: stroke production drills, tennis conditioning and singles and doubles matches. This program is offered both weeks and lunch is included for full day campers.
- The Junior Varsity/Intermediate program, also open to campers ages 8-18, is geared towards those players that have a more extensive background in tennis. This program focuses on building the skills the player already possesses as well as improving and advancing various techniques through extensive drilling and match play. If you are unsure of which program to choose, all campers will be evaluated by the staff on the first day in order to appropriately group them based on their skill level. This program is offered both weeks and lunch is included for full day campers.
- The Varsity/Elite Tournament Competition is designed for advanced, competitive, tournament-playing juniors ages 12-18. Camp focuses on advanced techniques and strategies to raise your game to the next level. This is ideal for players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.The program is offered both weeks and lunch is included for full day campers.
Check-in / Check-out Times:
• Check In: All Campers: 7:30am Monday at the tennis courts.
• Check Out: Half Day Campers: 11:30pm Thursday at the tennis courts.
Full Day Campers: 2:30pm Thursday at the tennis courts.
Daily Program Schedule & Information:
• Half Day Campers: Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-11:30am
• Full Day Campers: Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-2:30pm
Meals: Lunch is included for all full daycampers. Half day campers leave before lunch.
Campers will play tennis on Edwardsville High School's 8 outdoor tennis courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:00am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis; Half Day Campers depart
- 11:30am Tennis Program, Match Play
- 1:00pm Double and Drills
- 2:30pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program