Nike Tennis Camp at Hawken School Gates Mills, Ohio
Nike Tennis Camps is thrilled to offer a new tennis camp at Hawken School in Gates Mills, Ohio. This junior tennis camp is directed by Frank Polito, head varsity coach at Hawken School. We offer two weeks of summer camp for boys and girls ages 9-18. Join the fun and elevate your game!
The Hawken School Nike Tennis Camp offers the ultimate combination of athletics and fun! All aspects of the game will be addressed as campers will learn the latest tennis techniques, tactics and strategies through on-court instruction, competitive drills and match play. Players will hit tons of balls and participate in friendly competition with their peers. Join the fun and get better this summer!
- Daily on-court instruction from Frank Polito and his experienced staff
- 5-6 hours of tennis daily with a 6:1 student to teacher ratio
- Gain self-confidence through tennis success
- Every camper will receive a Nike Tennis Camp t-shirt
Campers will utilize 14 courts at Hawken School.Meet your coaching staff
Frank Polito, head Boys and Girls tennis coach at Hawken School, directs the camp. Polito was associate women's tennis coach at University of Georgia for two years and the assistant women's tennis coach for four seasons before that.Read Full Bio
During his tenure with the Bulldogs, Georgia compiled a 86-19 record, winning two Southeastern Conference titles and three SEC Tournament crowns. Polito's recruiting efforts for the 2011 season has been recognized as Georgia has the top incoming class according to Tennis Recruiting Network. Georgia has had three top ten finishes in the final national rankings. In 2008, he was named the Wilson/Intercollegiate Tennis Association South Region Assistant Coach of the Year.
In his first season at Georgia, he helped the 2007 Bulldogs to an ITA final ranking of No. 4, SEC regular season and tournament titles and an NCAA Quarterfinal appearance. The Bulldogs compiled a 24-2 final record. In 2008, Georgia went 22-5, won the SEC Tournament again and advanced to the NCAA Round of 16. The Bulldogs ended the year ranked eighth nationally with a 22-5 mark. in 2009, Georgia advanced to the program's 10th NCAA Final Four, the finals of the National Team Indoors, won another SEC title and a third straight SEC Tournament crown. The Bulldogs went 27-3 and had an ITA final ranking of No. 3.
Prior to coming to Georgia, he spent two years as an assistant at the University of Kansas. A native of Lorain, Ohio, Polito's coaching and recruiting efforts helped the Jayhawks make a dramatic improvement on and off the court in 2006. In his final year with the Jayhawks, Kansas posted a 14-11 mark and finished the year ranked No. 59 by the ITA. Also, the squad earned ITA All-Academic Team honors with a 3.49 grade point average, which was the best of any Kansas team in the spring. In the previous two seasons, Kansas had combined to win only 11 matches.
Polito is a 1990 graduate of Eastern Michigan where he was a four-year letterman on the tennis team including serving as a captain his senior year. He earned a bachelor's degree in telecommunications and film. Polito began his coaching career at his alma mater.
In 2001, Polito was hired as an assistant coach at Ohio State, and in 2002, he was honored as the ITA Midwest Region Assistant Coach of the Year.
Polito is a member of the ITA, United States Tennis Association (USTA) and the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA).
• 1990-95, Head Coach, Eastern Michigan
• 1995, Head Coach, Sienna Heights
• 1996-97, Asst. & Interim Head Coach, Kansas
• 1997-99, Head Coach, Akron
• 1999-2001, Head Coach, Louisiana-Monroe
• 2001-03, Asst. Coach, Ohio State
• 2004-2006, Asst. Coach, Kansas
• 2006-2009, Asst. Coach, Univ. of Georgia
• 2010-2012, Associate Head Coach, Univ. of Georgia
• 2012- 2014, Assistant Coach at Cleveland State
• 2014- Present, Head Boys and Girls coach at Hawken School
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDHF)
This year we are offering two weeks of Day (9:00am-4:00pm) camp for kids ages 9-18 of all skill levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Lunch will be provided for all campers Monday through Thursday. Campers will also get a chance to swim at the indoor pool throughout the week.
• Check-in: All Campers arrive on Monday at 8:30am at the Hawken School tennis courts.
• Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
• Graduation: 11:00am on Friday at the tennis courts. Parents are invited to attend!
• Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony at 11:30am
Campers will utilize the 14 outdoor courts at the Hawken School.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:15am Stretching / Warm-ups
- 9:30-12:00pm Tennis Instruction, Drills, Strategy Work
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis and swimming
- 1:00-4:00pm Match Play, Doubles and Drills
Campers will utilize the indoor pool throughout the week
Read camper reviews