Nike Tennis Camp at Lewis & Clark College Portland, Oregon
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Tennis Camps announces a new 2012 summer camp location at Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon. This is a summer tennis camp for kids to come and vastly improve their tennis game. Our youth tennis camps combine technical instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff as well as supervised match play.
At The Nike Tennis Camp at Lewis & Clark College, campers will work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun. We give players the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, enhance their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group. This DAY ONLY summer tennis program is great for players of all skills levels ages 9-18.
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction with low camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision
- Daily instruction from top teaching pros and players
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- Safe and friendly environment
Located on 137 picturesque acres in southwest Portland, Lewis and Clark College is the perfect place for a tennis camp in Oregon. Lewis and Clark offers indoor and outdoor tennis courts. An air dome covers four of the courts which are available year around.Meet your coaching staff
Patrick Dreves is the Head Men's and Women's Tennis Coach and Tennis Center Director at Lewis and Clark College.Read Full Bio
Dreves joined the Pioneer staff in 2011, following seven years at the Spokane Club where he served in multiple capacities, most recently as the Athletic Director/Director of Tennis.
Dreves is no stranger to the Northwest Conference, serving as the head coach of the Whitworth men's tennis program in 1996, prior to going on to have great success at Linfield College (1998-2002). During his time at Linfield, he helped build the Wildcats into a regional powerhouse, winning the NWC Championship on both the men's and women's side in 2002. He is a two-time NWC Coach of the Year, earning the award in 2000 (women) and 2001 (men).
Following his time at Linfield, Dreves served as the Men's & Women's Coach at Eastern Washington University (2004-2007), where he was named the Big Sky Conference Men's Coach of the Year in 2007 after coaching the Eagles to a second place conference finish.
A member of the United States Tennis Association, Dreves has served on the Youth Competition Committee and the Junior Coaches Commission for nine years, while also being a part of the competitive training center coaching staff.
"I would like to thank Clark Yeager and Sharon Sexton for this wonderful opportunity to return home and coach in the Northwest Conference," said Dreves. "I am thrilled to be able to raise my family around the Lewis & Clark campus and it's great community and culture."
"With and emphasis on a liberal arts education and a great student/faculty ratio, Lewis & Clark is structured to build a well-balanced tennis program that can be successful on and off the court."
A two sport athlete at Whitworth University, Dreves was the captain of both the tennis and soccer teams. Successful in both sports he was named both All-Conference and NAIA All-American while graduating with a degree in business administration.
Coach Dreves will begin his tenure with Lewis & Clark College on July 18.
(Camp Code: TNXRCL)
This year we are offering three weeks of Day Only Camp (9:00am-4:30pm) for boy and girls ages 9-18 of all abilities. Lunch is included for all campers.
• All Campers: 1:30-2:00pm on Sunday at the tennis courts
• Campers should come dressed to play
• Campers will stay until 5:00pm on the first day
• Graduation: 11:45am-12:00 noon Thursday at the tennis courts. Parents are encouraged to attend!
• Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony around 12:00 noon
Day Camp Program Schedule
• Sunday: Arrive at 1:30-2:00pm. Depart at 5:00pm.
• Mon-Wed: Arrive at 8:45-9:00am. Depart at 4:30pm.
• Thursday: Arrive at 8:45-9:00am. Graduation at 11:30am. Depart at 12:00pm.
• Meals: Lunch is included for all campers Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Designated Airport: Portland International Airport
Nike Tennis Camps does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Portland International Airport and take a taxi or shuttle.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Warm-up and Tennis Instruction
- 10:30am Break
- 10:45am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 12:00 noon Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:30pm Break
- 2:45pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:30pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program