2015 Camp Information
This year we are offering two weeks of junior tennis camp for players of all skills levels, ages 7-17. Campers can choose between Full Day (8:00am-3:00pm) or Half Day (8:00am-11:00am) camp options. In addition to the All Skills program offered both weeks, we also offer a High School Training program during Week 2. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Camp Program Offerings
High School Program
In addition to the “All Skills” program offered each week, we are offering a high school program during the second week of camp geared towards players ages 13-17 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team. This program is also suitable for players looking to improve their match results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
10 and Under Tennis
We also offer a “10 and Under Tennis” (Half Day only; ages 7-10) program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
- Full and Half Day campers check-in at 7:45m on Monday at the Natatorium Building next to the gymnasium. Look for signs to check in.
- Half Day Campers: 11:00am on Friday at the tennis courts.
- Full Day campers: 3:00pm on Friday at the tennis courts.
- Full Day Camp runs 8:00am to 3:00pm (Monday-Friday).
- Half Day camp runs 8:00am-11:00am (Monday-Friday)
The lunch hour is fully supervised, but lunch is NOT provided. Full day campers should bring their own lunch daily. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
Campers will utilize the six beautiful, lighted tennis courts on the north end of Oakwood University's campus next to the football and softball field. The gym is just one building away and all of the athletic facilities are centrally located for easy access.
In case of rain while camp is in session we have access to the gym where we can have tennis related activities. Should a large portion of the days session get rain out, we will provide a make up day if we think it is necessary.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDOS
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am - 8:30am Warm-Up/Intro/Agilities/Stretching
- 8:30am - 11:00am Stroke Fundamentals and/or situational point development rotations
- 11:00am Half Day campers depart
- 11:00am - 12:00pm Supervised lunch
- 12:00pm 3:00pm Singles/Doubles Match Play with Coaching
- 3:00pm Full Day campers depart