2015 Camp Information
This year we are offering two weeks of Overnight and Day (9:00am-4:00pm) camp for kids ages 9-18 of all skill levels. In addition to the All Skills Program, we offer our High Performance Training Program during both weeks. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
High Performance Training Program
The High Performance Training Program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness. High performance training will include video analysis, matches against the pros, point oriented drills, fitness and footwork drills as well as match play critique from professional coaches.
Sunday at 1:30pm for all campers
Friday at 11:30am
Day Camp Program Schedule
- Day Camp runs 9:00am to 4:00pm (Monday through Thursday, check in on Sunday is at 1:30pm).
- Campers will need to bring swimwear as they will get the opportunity to use the pool located right next to the courts.
Campers will utilize the 14 newly resurfaced outdoor courts on campus. Six of the courts have state of the art lights for evening play. Campers will also have access to the Activity Center with a track and full work-out facility where the coaches will demonstrate the proper training programs for various ages and levels.
2015: Dorms TBD | 2014: Overnight campers will stay in the dorms on campus. Campers can request roommates, otherwise they will be placed in rooms based on gender and age.
All meals are provided for overnight campers starting with dinner on check-in day. Lunch is provided for Day campers Mon-Thurs.
Overnight campers will participate in a variety of fun evening activities which may include pizza, game and/or movie nights, talent shows, games and free play at courts, and a music/acting evening.
New Orleans International Airport
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into New Orleans International Airport and schedule a shuttle from the airport to camp. If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRSL
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:25am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts, Warm Up
- 9:25am-10:45am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 10:45am-11:00am Break
- 11:00am- 12:00 noon Stroke Fundamentals and/or situational point development rotations
- Noon-1:00pm Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:00pm- 2:45pm Tennis Program- Singles/Doubles Match Play with Coaching
- 2:45pm- 4:00pm Optional Tennis, Swimming
- 4:00pm Day Campers Depart
- 4:00pm- 6:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 6:00pm -8:00pm Evening Activity
- 8:15pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 9:15pm Lights Out