Nike Tennis Camp at Southern Hills Tennis Center Shreveport, Louisiana
Nike Tennis Camps is thrilled to offer a new tennis camp at Southern Hills Tennis Center. This junior tennis camp is directed by Greg Hearn, Owner/Director of Junior Development at SHTC and Tony Minnis, LSU Head Women's Coach. This summer camp runs for one week and is open to boys and girls, ages 9-18, of all skill levels.
The Nike Tennis Camp at Southern Hills Tennis Center offers the ultimate combination of athletics and fun! All aspects of the game will be addressed through technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff. Campers will participate in skill challenges and other fun games throughout the camp week. Come individually or come with your teammates. Your days will be filled with tennis and fun!
- Daily on-court instruction from Greg Hearna, Tony Minnis and their experienced staff
- 5-6 hours of tennis daily with a 6:1 student to teacher ratio
- Gain self-confidence through tennis success
- Every camper will receive a Nike Tennis Camp t-shirt
Campers will utilize the 10 lighted hard courts at the Southern Hills Tennis Center.Meet your coaching staff
Greg Hearn is the Owner and Director of Junior Development at Southern Hills Tennis Center. Greg has been coaching tennis for 29 years. He currently holds dual certification with the USPTA (P1 rating). This is the highest rating you can score with the USPTA. The Pro must score a 90% or higher in every category tested in order to receive this rating.Read Full Bio
Greg earned a BS degree in Child/Family studies with an emphasis in Child Development from University of Southwestern Louisiana. This gives him a very unique understanding of children and how their tennis development relates to their growth. In addition to coaching players of all levels from beginner to Professional, Greg has a combined six years of college coaching experience as an Assistant Coach at LSU and as the Head Coach at Louisiana Tech University. Greg has also served as the Pro Adviser for Louisiana Tennis Association (USTA) 2008-2010.
Tony Minnis is the former (20+ years) Head Women's Tennis Coach at Lousinana State University. He finished the 2012 spring season as the most decorated coach in LSU's 37-year program history. After 21 seasons as LSU head coach, Minnis collected a host of accolades that place him squarely among the most respected coaches in the nation.
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDSB)
This year we are offering one week of Day Camp from 9:00am-4:00pm for kids ages 9-18 of all skill levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. Orange and green dot balls are available for players who wish to use them.
• Check-in: All Campers arrive on Monday at 8:45am at the Southern Hills Tennis Center tennis courts.
• Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
• Graduation: 3:30pm on Friday at the tennis courts. Parents are invited to attend!
• Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony at 4:00pm.
Camper Schedule & Information
• Monday: Campers check in at 8:45am and depart at 4:00pm.
• Tuesday-Thursday: Campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 4:00pm.
• Friday: Campers arrive at 9:00am. Campers have a Graduation at 3:30pm and will depart at 4:00pm.
• Meals: Campers bring their lunch each day, but lunch is supervised.
Campers will utilize the 10 lighted hard courts at the Southern Hills Tennis Center.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:15am Stretching / Warm-ups
- 9:15am-12:00 noon Tennis Instruction, Drills, Strategy Work
- 12:00 noon - 1:00pm Lunch Break
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Tennis Instruction, Drills, Strategy Work
- 1:00pm-4:00pm Match Play, Doubles and Drills