2015 Nike Summer Tennis Camp Information
The Nike Tennis Camp at The Landings Club offers four weeks of Full Day Camp (ages 8-18 | 9:00am-4:00pm) and Half Day Camp (ages 5-18 | 9:00am-12:00 noon) camps, geared towards boys and girls of all ability levels. We are also offering our High Performance Tennis Training Program during the last week of camp, open to players ages 7-18. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own tennis instruction needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Camp Program Offerings
In addition to our All Skills program offered each week, we will also be offering a High Performance program and "10 and Under Tennis" program.
This will be offered at the last session in July, and will be geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
10 and Under Tennis
We also offer a “10 and Under Tennis” (Half Day Camp) program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
- Full and Half Day campers check-in at 8:30am on Monday at the tennis courts
- Half Day Campers12:00 noon on Friday at the tennis courts | Full Day campers: 4:00pm on Friday at the tennis courts.
- Full Day Camp runs 9:00am to 4:00pm (Monday through Friday).
- Half Day camp runs daily from 9:00am-12:00pm
The lunch hour is fully supervised, but lunch is NOT provided. Full day campers should bring their own lunch daily. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
The Landings Club offers 34 courts, 11 lighted for night play, with courts located in three different facilities across the island.
Click Here for more information about The Landings Club.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDLL
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:25am Warm-Up/Intro/Agilities/Stretching
- 9:25am-10:45am Stroke Fundamentals and/or situational point development rotations
- 10:45am-12:00 noon Competitive Games while working on fundamentals and/or strategy
- Noon-1:00pm Supervised lunch
- 1:00pm-2:30pm Stroke Fundamentals or situational point development rotations
- 2:30pm-3:30pm Singles/Doubles Tournament Play with Coaching
- 3:30pm-4:00pm Conditioning/Competitive Group Game