2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDLL)
This year we are offering four weeks of junior day camp. Each week, campers can choose between Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm) or Half Day morning (9:00am-12:00 noon) camp options. These camps are ideally suited for all levels and ages 5-18.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
10 and Under Tennis:
In addition to the "All Skills" program, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” (Half Day Camp) program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
Check-in and Check-out times:
Check-in: Full and Half Day campers: 8:30am on Monday at the tennis courts.
Check-out: Half Day Campers: 12:00 noon on Friday at the tennis courts.
Full Day campers: 4:00pm on Friday at the tennis courts.
• Full Day Camp runs 9:00am to 4:00pm (Monday through Friday).
• Half Day camp runs daily from 9:00am-12:00pm
• The lunch hour is fully supervised, but lunch is NOT provided. Full day campers should bring their own lunch daily. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
The Landings Club offers 34 courts, 11 lighted for night play, with courts located in three different facilities across the island.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
The Landings Club offers 34 courts, 11 lighted for night play, with courts located in three different facilities across the island. The Landings Club hosts the Savannah Challenger tournament each year and has players like Brian Baker, Donald Young, James Blake, John Isner, Ryan Harrison and many others come to The Landings Club each year.
Click Here for more information about The Landings Club.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:25am Warm-Up/Intro/Agilities/Stretching
- 9:25am-10:45am Stroke Fundamentals and/or situational point development rotations
- 10:45am-12:00 noon Competitive Games while working on fundamentals and/or strategy
- Noon-1:00pm Supervised lunch
- 1:00pm-2:30pm Stroke Fundamentals or situational point development rotations
- 2:30pm-3:30pm Singles/Doubles Tournament Play with Coaching
- 3:30pm-4:00pm Conditioning/Competitive Group Game