2015 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDCA)
This year we are offering five weeks of Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm) camp and Half Day (9:00am-12:00pm) camp for kids ages 6-18 of all skill levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training and High School Programs:
In addition to the All Skills program offered each week, we also offer a tournament training and high school program each session. Make sure to note that you would like to participate in these programs when you register.
- The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
10 and Under Tennis:
In addition, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: We will use short courts and full courts during the camp. This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
2015 Camp Dates & Directors:
*All sessions are Directed by Associate Head Men's Coach, Tyler Browne, and Assistant Women's Coach, Zack Warren. They are joined by Head Men's Coach, Peter Wright, and Head Women's Coach, Amanda Augustus, during certain weeks of camp.
Week 1: June 15-19 (Wright, Browne, Warren)
Week 2: June 22-26 (Augustus, Browne, Warren)
Week 3: June 29-July 3 (Augustus, Browne, Warren)
Week 4: July 6-10 (Augustus, Browne, Warren)
Week 5: July 13-17 (Wright, Browne, Warren)
Week 6: July 20-24 (Wright, Browne, Warren)
Check-in / Check-out Times:
Check-in: All campers check-in on Monday at 8:30am at the Hellman Tennis Complex.
Check Out: Friday at 12:00pm for Half Day Campers. Friday at 4:00pm at the court for Full Day Campers.
Day and Half Day Camper Information
• Monday: All campers arrive at 8:30am. Half Day campers stay until 12:00pm. Day campers stay until 4:00pm.
• Tuesday-Friday: Half Day campers come from 9:00am-12:00pm. Day campers come from 9:00am-4:00pm.
• Meals: Full Day campers bring their own lunch each day, or may bring money to purchase lunch. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
Campers will play at The Hellman Tennis Complex on 6 outdoor hard courts. In case of rain campers will move into club area for video analysis.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.