We offer Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm) and Half Day (9:00am-12:00pm) camps for kids, ages 6-18. Campers can choose between All Skills, Tournament Training, High School and 10&Under Tennis programs each week.
2016 Camp Dates (2017 Dates Coming Soon!)
Week 1: June 13-17
Week 2: June 20-24
Week 3: June 27-July 1
*Week 4: July 5-8 (*no camp on Monday, July 4th - pro-rated)
Week 5: July 11-15
Week 6: July 18-22
Week 7: July 25-29
2016 Directors by Week
*All sessions are Directed by Associate Head Men's Coach, Tyler Browne, and Assistant Women's Coach, Zack Warren. They are joined by Head Men's Coach, Peter Wright, and Head Women's Coach, Amanda Augustus, during certain weeks of camp.
Week 1: June 13-17 (Wright, Browne, Warren)
Week 2: June 20-24 (Wright, Browne, Warren)
Week 3: June 27-July 1 (Augustus, Browne, Warren)
Week 4: July 5-8 (Augustus, Browne, Warren) - *4 day session due to 4th of July (Tuesday-Friday)
Week 5: July 11-15 (Augustus, Browne, Warren)
Week 6: July 18-22 (Augustus, Browne, Warren)
Week 7: July 25-29 (Wright, Browne, Warren)
Camp Program Offerings
In addition to the All Skills program offered each week, we also offer Tournament Training, High School and 10&Under Tennis programs each session. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
All Skills Program
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Program
The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
10 and Under Program
In addition, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” Program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: We will use short courts and full courts during the camp. This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
- All campers check-in on Monday at 8:30am at the Hellman Tennis Complex. (Except for July 5th session when check in is on a Tuesday.)
- Half Day Campers check-out on Friday at 12:00 pm. Full Day Campers check-out on Friday at 4:00 pm.
Day and Half Day Camper Schedule
- Monday: All campers arrive at 8:30am. Half Day campers depart at 12:00pm. Day campers depart at 4:00pm. (Except for July 5th session when the first day of camp is on Tuesday.)
- Tuesday-Friday: Half Day campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 12:00pm. Day campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 4:00pm.
Full Day campers bring their own lunch each day, or may bring money to purchase lunch. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
Campers will play at The Hellman Tennis Complex on 6 outdoor hard courts. In case of rain campers will move into club area for video analysis.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDCA
Camp is open to any and all entrants and only restricted only by age and number of campers.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Stretching, Warm-up, Footwork Drills and Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:30am Daily Tennis Instruction (Drills based on ability level)
- 11:30am Point Play with Coaches
- 12:00pm Lunch and Rest
- 1:00pm Warm-up, Demo with Coaches
- 1:30pm Daily Tennis Instruction (live ball and point play based on ability level)
- 3:30pm Point Play with Coaches
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program