2015 Camp Dates & Directors
*All sessions are Directed by Associate Head Men's Coach, Tyler Browne, and Assistant Women's Coach, Zack Warren. They are joined by Head Men's Coach, Peter Wright, and Head Women's Coach, Amanda Augustus, during certain weeks of camp.
Week 1: June 15-19 (Wright, Browne, Warren)
Week 2: June 22-26 (Augustus, Browne, Warren)
Week 3: June 29-July 3 (Augustus, Browne, Warren)
Week 4: July 6-10 (Augustus, Browne, Warren)
Week 5: July 13-17 (Wright, Browne, Warren)
Week 6: July 20-24 (Wright, Browne, Warren)
Camp Program Offerings
In addition to the All Skills program offered each week, we also offer a tournament training and high school program each session. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Program
The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
10 and Under Program
In addition, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” Program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: We will use short courts and full courts during the camp. This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
- All campers check-in on Monday at 8:30am at the Hellman Tennis Complex.
- Half Day Campers check-out on Friday at 12:00 pm. Full Day Campers check-out on Friday at 4:00 pm.
Day and Half Day Camper Schedule
- Monday: All campers arrive at 8:30am. Half Day campers depart at 12:00pm. Day campers depart at 4:00pm.
- Tuesday-Friday: Half Day campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 12:00pm. Day campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 4:00pm.
Full Day campers bring their own lunch each day, or may bring money to purchase lunch. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
Campers will play at The Hellman Tennis Complex on 6 outdoor hard courts. In case of rain campers will move into club area for video analysis.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDCA
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program