Nike Tennis Camp at Whittier College Whittier, California
Come enjoy the summer and improve your tennis game at our new Nike Tennis Camp at Whittier College for Summer 2014! This youth summer camp is ideal for campers ages 8-18 who want to work hard, have fun, make new friends and take their tennis game to the next level!
The Whittier College Nike Tennis Camp offers two weeks of day camp from 8:30am to 3:30pm, featuring an all skills program as well as special tournament training and high school programs. We combine technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff, supervised match play, and fun tennis games to keep you motivated! This is a summer tennis camp for young athletes to come and improve their tennis game in a safe and friendly environment!
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction led by Whittier head men's tennis coach, Ben Belletto, and his excellent staff
- Daily drilling, team and individual match play, and fun on-court games
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- Gain self-confidence through tennis success
Campers will utilize the 6 hard courts at the Richard Ettinger Tennis Court facility.Meet your coaching staff
Whittier College head men's tennis coach Ben Belletto will direct our first year of tennis camp at Whittier in the summer of 2014! Belletto, the 2011 ITA West Region Coach of the Year, has co-directed the UCSC Nike Tennis Camp for 14 years. As one of the very best young college coaches in America, he brings years of experience and a passion for coaching and teaching the great game of tennis.Read Full Bio
* Headed the men's tennis program at Pomona-Pitzer from 2003-2013
* Coached 13 All-Americans
* 25 All-SCIAC Performers
* Saw Pomona-Pitzer named an ITA Academic All-American Team from 2004-2012
* Had a nationally ranked program every year since 2007, which included a Top 10 finish in 2010 and four consecutive Top 20 finishes from 2010-2013
* In 2011 and 2012 his teams earned a selection into the NCAA Division III Men's Tennis Championships
* Coached the men's tennis team at Piedmont High School where he earned a Bay Shore Athletic League Conference Championship
* B.A. from Saint Mary's College of California (2001) - Politics
* M.A. from Azusa Pacific University (2009) - Physical Education
* Currently serves as the Co-Director of the UC Santa Cruz Nike tennis Camp and was an instructor at the same camp from 1998-2002
* Named the 2011 ITA Division III West Region Coach of the Year
* Published an article called The importance of College Tennis Culture published on www.tennisrecruiting.net and presented at the ITA Coaches Convention a presentation on Team Culture
* Since 2008 Belletto has served on four committees including:
* ITA Division III Men's Tennis National Ranking Co-Chair (2010-Present)
* ITA Division III Men's Tennis West Region Ranking Chair (2008-2011)
* NCAA Division III Men's Tennis Committee Chair (2010-2011)
* NCAA Division III Men's Tennis West Region Advisory Committee Chair (2008-2011)
* Served as the Sports Information Director/Asst. Sports Information Director at Pomona-Pitzer from 2003-2013
* While at Pomona-Pitzer, he taught courses within the athletic department including advanced tennis and squash
* In 2012 he was a Southern California Section Captain for the Pacific Cup coaching a group of boys and girls ages 12-18 in a round robin tournament that took place in Beaverton, Oregon.
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDWH)
This year we are offering two weeks of Day (8:30am-3:30pm) camp for kids ages 8-18 of all skill levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training and High School Programs:
In addition to the “All Skills” program offered each week, this year we are offering a national training program and high school program during certain weeks of camp.
- The national training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
Check-in / Check-out Times:
Check In: 8:00am Monday at the Ettinger Tennis Courts.
Check Out: 3:00pm Friday at the Ettinger Tennis Courts.
Daily Program Schedule & Information:
Meals: Lunch is included for all campers.
Campers will utilize the 6 hard courts at the Richard Ettinger Tennis Courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:00am Tennis Instruction
- 12:00 noon Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:00pm Double and drills
- 3:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program