Nike Tennis Camp at Brandon Valley High School Brandon, South Dakota
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike is excited to be offering a second summer of tennis camp at Brandon Valley High School for Summer 2014! Join us at summer camp to improve your game in an safe and friendly atmosphere! Our goal is to provide every camper the opportunity to hit a ton of balls, improve their technique and match play skills, and learn in a fun environment with other players in their peer group.
The Nike Tennis Camp at Brandon Valley High School is geared towards players ages 9-18 of all ability levels. We offer both Full Day and Half Day programs during the summer. Our youth tennis camps combine technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff and supervised match play. Join the fun and get better this summer!
- Daily instruction from Varisty girl's coach, Jesse Gladis, and his experienced staff
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction with low camper to staff ratio and constant supervision
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- Gain self-confidence through repetition, new techniques, and learning in a fun environment
Brandon Valley School District is one of the most progressive districts in South Dakota located on the eastern edge of South Dakota, bordering Minnesota and Iowa. Brandon Valley High School features 8 outdoor tennis courts.Meet your coaching staff
Coach Jesse Gladis is certified in Junior Development through the Professional Tennis Registry (PTR). He has coached Varsity Girls Tennis at Brandon Valley High School for 10 years. Coach Gladis is also an active member of the Brandon Tennis Association and USTA Northern. He has run recreation programs, CardioTennis, and camps and clinics in Minnesota and South Dakota. His coaching style focuses on mental toughness, strategy, and maintaining a positive attitude in tennis and life. Coach Gladis’ high energy on court leads to play-based drills that keep athletes engaged and having fun on the tennis court.
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDBS)
This year we are offering one week of junior day camp. Campers can choose between Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm) or Half Day morning (9:00am-12:00 noon) camp options. These camps are ideally suited for all levels and ages 9-18.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Check-in and Check-out times:
Check-in: Full and Half Day campers: 8:30am on Monday at the tennis courts.
Check-out: Half Day Campers: 12:00 noon on Friday at the tennis courts.
Full Day campers: 4:00pm on Friday at the tennis courts.
• Full Day Camp runs 9:00am to 4:00pm (Monday through Friday).
• Half Day camp runs daily from 9:00am-12:00pm
• The lunch hour is fully supervised, but lunch is NOT provided. Full day campers should bring their own lunch daily. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
Campers will play on 8 outdoor courts. In the case of rain, campers will spend time on tennis video analysis and tennis articles in a classroom.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:25am Warm-Up/Intro/Agilities/Stretching
- 9:25am-10:45am Stroke Fundamentals and/or situational point development rotations
- 10:45am-12:00 noon Competitive Games while working on fundamentals and/or strategy
- Noon-1:00pm Supervised lunch
- 1:00pm-2:30pm Stroke Fundamentals or situational point development rotations
- 2:30pm-3:30pm Singles/Doubles Tournament Play with Coaching
- 3:30pm-4:00pm Conditioning/Competitive Group Game