Nike Tournament Training Tennis Camp at Lauderdale Tennis Club Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Come join the fun this summer at the Lauderdale Tennis Club, one of Nike Tennis Camps' newest summer camp locations! This Tournament Training program is a day camp geared towards boys and girls, age 10-18. Run by Dan Debruyne, the camp will feature the latest teaching techniques and a comprehensive instructional program.
This junior tennis camp is for competitive young athletes to come and take their game to the next level. Our goal is to give players the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group. The instruction program will include mental toughness, on court strategy, and situational point development. In addition, campers will be exposed to team competition and match play in singles and doubles.
- Daily instruction led by Dan DeBruyne and his experienced staff
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction, match play, fitness training with a maximum 6:1 student/teacher ratio
- Competitive Singles and doubles matches throughout the week
- Each Camper will receive a Nike Tennis Camp t-shirt
Campers will utilize the top notch facilities at the Lauderdale Tennis Club, which boasts over 20 outdoor courts.Meet your coaching staff
Dan DeBruyne, a seasoned Leader in the Tennis industry has been the Club Manager at the Lauderdale Tennis Club for the last three years. The Lauderdale Tennis Club has long been regarded as one of the premier Tennis Clubs in all of Florida hosting three National Tournaments, many other charity events and local tournaments, it is also the home of The Harold Solomon Tennis Institute.Read Full Bio
Prior to the Lauderdale Tennis Club, Dan was chosen by Cliff Drysdale to oversee the tennis operations of The Weston Tennis Center the second of many Cliff Drysdale managed Facilities. Under Dan’s guidance The Weston Tennis Center’s Programming grew exponentially specifically the junior program and summer camp with over 120 kids, many of whom have gone on to have successful NCAA Tennis careers.
Previous to joining Cliff’s Team, Dan was the Director of Tennis at Turnberry Isle Resort and Club. Under Dan’s direction Turnberry was ranked as one of the “50 greatest U.S. tennis resorts by “Tennis Magazine” all of the years Dan was Director. At Turnberry Dan was fortunate to work with, for and alongside several tennis Professionals who are regarded by many as the most knowledgeable in the business. They include Roy Emerson, Fred Stolle, and Cliff Drysdale. Dan played college tennis at St. Louis University and is a contributing writer for Tennis Life magazine.
Dan and his wife Debra have three boys all who play tennis competitively, Ryan 21, Austin 16 and Christian 11.
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDLJ)
This year we are offering one week of Day Camp (9:00am-4:00pm) for competitive tennis players ages 10-18. Lunch will be provided daily for all campers.
This Tournament Training Camp is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
• Check-in: All Campers arrive on Monday at 8:30am at the Lauderdale Tennis Club.
• Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
• Graduation: 3:30pm on Friday at the tennis courts. Parents are invited to attend!
• Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony at 4:00pm.
Camp Schedule & Information
• Monday: All Campers check in at 8:30am and depart at 4:00pm.
• Tuesday-Thursday: All Campers arrive at 9:00am and depart at 4:00pm.
• Friday: All Campers arrive at 9:00am, campers will have a Graduation ceremony at 3:30pm and will depart at 4:00pm.
• Meals: Lunch is provided for all campers daily.
Campers will utilize the top notch facilities at the Lauderdale Tennis Club, which boasts over 20 outdoor courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:10am Warm-Up
- 9:10am-9:25am Intro/Agilities/Stretching
- 9:25am-11:00am Strokes and/or situational point development rotations
- 11:00am- 12:00noon Competitive Games while working on fundamentals and/or strategy
- Noon-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm-1:15pm Warm-up/Agilities/Stretching
- 1:15pm-2:00pm Mental Toughness
- 2:00-3:15pm Singles/Doubles Tournament Play with Coaching
- 3:15pm-4:00pm Conditioning and/or swim activities