Oregon State University Nike Tennis Camp Corvallis, Oregon
Join the fun this summer and take your tennis game to the next level! The Oregon State Nike Tennis Camp is a summer camp for young athletes to come and vastly improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun.
Our goal at this youth tennis camp is to give players the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group. The Oregon State Nike Tennis Camps combine technical tennis instruction and drilling from an excellent coaching staff, supervised match play, and a variety of evening social activities. This camp for players ages 8-18 is a great option for campers of all abilities.
- Daily instruction from head men's coach, Ross Duncan and his experienced staff
- 1 point tournament, drills, matches, conditioning, team and individual awards/awards cermony at end of camp
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction with low camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- Fun off-court evening activities for overnight campers
Oregon State University is located in the middle of Oregon’s finest recreational and scenic area, 1.5 hours south of Portland. Campers will play tennis at the new tennis center with 10 courts; six outdoor and four indoor.Meet your coaching staff
Ross Duncan is in his tenth year as camp director at Nike Tennis Camps. He was the #1 ranked junior player in South Africa. Duncan coached on the professional WTA tour (pro level), at the University of Oregon, and is currently developing juniors in Southern California. He is a also a USPTA Certified Tennis Professional.Read Full Bio
Ross Duncan was the #1 junior tennis player from South Africa before coming to the U.S. on a full ride tennis scholarship to Pepperdine University. After studying sports management and graduating, he played professional tennis earning ATP points in both singles and doubles. Ross then went on to coach as the Interim Head Coach at UC Santa Barbara and the Associate Head Coach at the University of Oregon. In addition, he also coached professionally on the WTA tour (top 30 player in the world).
Currently Ross is ranked #1 in the nation in the Men’s 35 Singles Division and has back to back National Hard Court Championships in singles. He represented Team USA as the #1 singles player in the World Championship. Ross is currently ranked #9 in the world. In addition, Ross owns Peak Performance Tennis and is the director of the Tennis Division for Norton Sports Management. As a Tennis Agent he is responsible for managing,coaching, and directing the professional tennis career of its clients. Ross has been the director of Nike tennis camp programs in both California and Oregon during the last ten years.
Christine Duncan is the camp administrator who is on site during all camp sessions. She is a school psychologist and is fully trained/certified in CPR and other emergency situations.
(Camp Code: TNXROR)
This year we are offering four weeks of Overnight, Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) and Day Camp (9:00am-5:00pm) for kids ages 8-18 of all skill levels. (Kids ages 6-8 may be accepted into camp on occassion. Please call 1-800-NIKE-CAMP to inquire.)
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training and High School Programs:
In addition to the general camp sessions, this year we are offering tournament training and high school sessions during all weeks of camp. Make sure to note that you would like to participate in these programs when you register.
- The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
Check-in and Check-out times
Overnight Campers: Sunday from 4:00-6:00pm at dorms (name TBD).
Extended Day and Day Campers: Sunday from 5:00-6:00pm at dorms (name TBD).
Day campers leave at 6:45pm on Sunday.
Extended Day campers leave at 9:00pm on Sunday.
Graduation: Friday at 11:00am at the dorms. Parents encouraged to attend!
Check-Out: Immediately following graduation.
Extended Day & Day Camper Schedule & Information
• Day camp schedule runs from 9:00-5:00pm (except first and last days, see above).
• Extended Day camp schedule runs from 9:00am to 9:00pm (except first and last days, see above).
• A more complete schedule will be available at check-in.
• Meals: Lunch and dinner are included for Extended Day campers. Day Campers can either purchase a lunch card for $30 or they can bring their own lunch each day.
Campers stay 2 per room in the dorms (name TBD) on campus. Some triples may be available, but not guaranteed. Roommates may be requested, otherwise they are assigned by age and gender. No A/C available in dorms, small fans are recommended.
Evening activities may include bowling & pizza party, talent show, trip to the movies, camp dance, optional swimming, minature golfing, surprise activities, and access to outdoors college training facilities.
Weekend Stayovers: Yes! $200 for the weekend stayover.
Designated Airport: Portland
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into the Portland Airport and schedule The HUT Airport Shuttle Service. http://www.portlandairportshuttle.com. Call: 541-753-7831. Reservations are mandatory. The round trip cost is $85, which must be paid in cash or credit card at the time of service. The camper will need to save their round-trip ticket for the return. Please note that each camper must have a permission letter with destination information from their respective parents to board the shuttle.
The shuttle departs every hour and a half. There is a 12:45pm shuttle to OSU, and one again at 2:15pm which means that the campers will arrive at the OSU bookstore at 4:25pm. A Nike Tennis Camp staff member will meet the camper at the OSU bookstore and take them to check-in, and to their dorms, as long as we are made aware of their arrival time.
We have indoor courts in case of rain.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake up, Breakfast, To the courts
- 9:00am Tennis Instruction, Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Instruction, Match Play
- 4:00pm Day campers depart. Optional Tennis, Activity for extended day and overnight campers.
- 5:00pm Shower, Dinner
- 6:00pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended day campers depart
- 9:30pm Return to Rooms
- 10:00pm Lights Out