Camp Program Offerings
Each week we will offer All Skills, Tournament Training, and High School programs. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
All Skills Program
The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Program
The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- Overnight Campers check in Sunday between 4:00-6:00pm at the dorms.
- Extended Day and Day Campers check-in Sunday between 5:00-6:00pm at dorms.
- Day campers depart at 6:45pm on Sunday.
- Extended Day campers depart at 9:00pm on Sunday.
- Graduation: Friday at 11:00am at the dorms. Parents encouraged to attend!
- Check-Out: Immediately following graduation.
Extended Day & Day Camper Schedule
- Day camp schedule runs from 9:00am-5:00pm (except first and last days, see above).
- Extended Day camp schedule runs from 9:00am to 9:00pm (except first and last days, see above).
- A more complete schedule will be available at check-in.
Lunch and dinner are included for Extended Day campers. Day Campers can either purchase a lunch card for $32 or they can bring their own lunch each day.
Campers will play at the new tennis center with 6 outdoor and 4 indoor courts.
2017: Dorms TBD | 2016: Campers stay 2 per room in the Buxton Hall dorms on campus. Some triples may be available, but not guaranteed. Roommates may be requested, otherwise they are assigned by age and gender. No A/C available in dorms, small fans are recommended.
Evening activities may include bowling & pizza party, talent show, trip to the movies, camp dance, optional swimming, minature golfing, surprise activities, and access to outdoors college training facilities.
Weekend stayovers are available at this location at a cost of $300 for the weekend.
Portland International Airport
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into the Portland Airport and schedule The HUT Airport Shuttle Service. http://www.portlandairportshuttle.com. Call: 541-753-7831. Reservations are mandatory. The round trip cost is $85, which must be paid in cash or credit card at the time of service. The camper will need to save their round-trip ticket for the return. Please note that each camper must have a permission letter with destination information from their respective parents to board the shuttle.
The shuttle departs every hour and a half. There is a 12:45pm shuttle to OSU, and one again at 2:15pm which means that the campers will arrive at the OSU bookstore at 4:25pm. A Nike Tennis Camp staff member will meet the camper at the OSU bookstore and take them to check-in, and to their dorms, as long as we are made aware of their arrival time.
We have indoor courts in case of rain.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXROR
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake up, Breakfast, To the courts
- 9:00am Tennis Instruction, Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Instruction, Match Play
- 4:00pm Day campers depart. Optional Tennis, Activity for extended day and overnight campers.
- 5:00pm Shower, Dinner
- 6:00pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended day campers depart
- 9:30pm Return to Rooms
- 10:00pm Lights Out