All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
ALL SKILLS PROGRAM
The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
TOURNAMENT TRAINING PROGRAM
The tournament training program is designed for tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies and work on mental toughness.
HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM
The High School Training Camp week is for players, ages 13-18, who are currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team. Throughout the week, the focus shifts between the technical, tactical, physical, and mental aspects of tennis. Mornings focus on the technique while afternoons are geared towards match-play situations.
For all camps, Overnight camp fee includes lodging, meals, all tennis instruction, and on-campus recreation. Extended Day camp fee includes lunch and dinner, all tennis instruction, and on-campus recreation. Day camp fee includes lunch and all tennis instruction.
1:30-3:00pm first day of session (Day Campers will depart that afternoon at 8:00pm.)
1:30-3:00pm last day of session
Day & Extended Day Camper Schedule
- With the exception of Sunday (check-in), Day & Extended Day campers should be dropped off at the tennis courts by 8:00am each morning.
- Day camp concludes at 5:00pm each day (except check-out day).
- Extended Day camp concludes at 9:00pm each day (except check-out day).
- Day campers should be picked up at the courts.
- Extended Day campers should be picked up at the residence hall.
Campers play on 10 outdoor courts. In case of rain, indoor courts are available.
Lakeside residence halls provide modern, comfortable rooms accommodating two to a room. Boys and girls are separated by floor. Instructors and camp directors live on the same floors with the campers. Reasonable bedtimes and rising times are required for all campers.
Our remodeled cafeteria now offers food-court style dining with 5 different restaurant type serving areas. Meals are served 3 times daily overlooking picturesque Lake Michigan. All meals are wholesome and nutritious. The campus Snack Bar, open evenings 'til 10:30, allows campers to grab a snack before bedtime. All meals are taken very seriously, especially breakfast. Breakfast is an essential meal of the day, as it provides the energy and nutrition necessary for optimal performance later in the day while playing and learning tennis. That's why everyone diets are monitored, so that no one skips out on meals.
Tennis is foremost in our schedule, but rest times and evening hours are filled with other leisure enjoyments. There are lounges for games of all sorts, pool tables, table tennis, card games, and video games. There is also a camp-wide karaoke night and a camp dance at the end of the first week. Everyone becomes closely acquainted with each other, so these activities are full of laughter and fun. In addition, our program includes organized softball, basketball, volleyball and soccer games each evening.
Milwaukee Airport (45 hr from campus) O’Hare (1 hour from campus). Milwaukee is the easier airport to chose.
Nike Tennis Camps does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into the Milwaukee or O'Hare Airport and take the airport shuttle from the airport to camp.
Airport Shuttle: Transportation to campus can be arranged through Go Airport Connection at 1-800-236-5450 or fax 414-769-0209. Reservations are required. www.goairportconnection.com. MKE approximate cost: $49 one-way, and $5 each additional person. Chicago ORD approximate cost: $142 one way, $150 for 2 people person). There is a 5% discount if you book online.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRSO
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake up Call… Rise and Shine (Straighten up room)
- 7:00am-8:00am Breakfast and fill up water bottles
- 8:00am-8:15am Meet in front of Tarble Hall to be shuttled to the tennis courts and help coaches set up equipment
- 8:15am-11:00am Morning Tennis (Strategy and Drills)
- 11:00am-11:15am Shuttle to the dorms
- 11:30am-12:45pm Lunch
- 12:45pm-1:00pm Shuttle to the courts
- 1:00pm-4:30pm Afternoon Tennis (Mental Strategy & Match Play)
- 4:30pm-4:45pm Shuttle to the dorms
- 4:45pm-5:00pm Bank is Open
- 5:00pm-6:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm-6:15pm Shuttle to the courts
- 6:15pm-7:45pm Evening Tennis (Serving & High Intensity Drills)
- 7:45pm-8:00pm Shuttle to the dorms
- 8:00pm-10:00pm Evening Night (Movie Night, Swimming Party, Bowling, Game Night) **Mail Call and Daily Awards
- 10:00pm-10:30pm Wind down (Ger ready for bed)
- 10:30pm Lights Out