Rollins College Nike Tennis Camp - International Programs Winter Park, Florida
Spend your summer working on your tennis game, improving your English and making new friends! The Sports and Language summer camp program at Rollins College offers a unique opportunity for young athletes ages 14-18 to get world class tennis training and English classes while having a ton of fun. Campers also have the option to choose a multi-week sport only option if desired.
After a highly successful 2012, The NIIKE Tennis Camp at Rollins College is pleased to continue a partnership with ELS Language Centers, which allows campers to add a one week language program to their NIKE Tennis camp session starting with June 9th session. The result is a 2- or 3-week unforgetable camp experience designed to enhance your tennis game, English proficiency, and have a great time in the process!
At the conclusion of their language week, campers will check-into the NIKE Tennis Camp facility at Rollins College, ready to begin their NIKE Tennis Camp with confidence. Once on court, our goal is to give campers the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group. Our camps combine technical instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff, supervised match play, and some free time to spend with friends.
Campers will be able to enjoy the campus's outstanding athletic facilities, which include playing fields, a swimming pool, gymnasium, and recreation center.
Campers looking for a Sport-Only, multi-week program should combine our weekly sessions together with a weekend stay for a extended camp experience. To view our individual weekly sessions, click here.
- Daily instruction from top teaching pros, Andy and Rita Gladstone, and their experienced staff
- Every camper receives a NIKE Tennis Camp T-shirt
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction with 5:1 camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision
- Fun off-court evening activities for overnight campers
- Gain self-confidence through tennis success and developed English proficiency
- ELS Semi-Intenisve English Program operated by ELS/Orlando
- Homestay experience with American Family
- Each NIKE Tennis Camp session includes a private lesson with a NIKE Camp coach
Founded in 1885, Rollins College is the oldest institution of higher learning in Florida. Rollins is set on a picturesque 67-acre campus on the shores of Lake Virginia, in the heart of Winter Park.
The campers play at the outstanding Bert Martin Tennis Facility, which includes 12 lighted outdoor tennis courts. They will have access to an indoor facility in case of rain.Meet your coaching staff
Andy and Rita Gladstone return for their thirteenth (2013) year as directors of the Nike Tennis Camp at Rollins College. Andy is a USPTA/USPTR professional with over 20 years experience working with junior players. Currently serving as the Director of Competitive Tennis for USTA Florida, Andy is an enthuastic promoter of tennis throughout Florida.
Rita Gladstone is a USPTA certified professional, former #1 player at the University of South Carolina and competed professionally on the WTA Tour. The Gladstones are the 2008 recipent of USTA Florida "Family of the Year" award. Andy and Rita have over twenty years experience developing junior players.Read Full Bio
Overview of Sport + Language Program
New this year, we are offering three weeks of overnight Tennis Camp with the option to add a one week language program to the beginning of your NIKE Tennis camp program starting with the July 9th session. The language program will be instructed by ELS/Orlando, located on the campus of Stetson University about 20 minutes away from Rollins College in Celebration Florida. Program is designed for kids aged 14-18 of all abilities. The language program includes a homestay with an American family, followed by a one or two week stay at the Rollins College NIKE Tennis Camp. Camper week includes a private lesson with a NIKE Camp coach. The weekend stayover fee and airport transfers are included in the two and three week programs. Upon arrival in the US, campers will be met and live with their American homestay family for the language program. Campers will be evaluated by the ELS and NIKE Tennis staff so that their own English proficiency and (tennis) instructional needs can be addressed throughout their stay. A two or three session sport only option is also available.
Language curriculum: 15 classes per week at 3 50-minute classes per day, totaling over 20 hours of instruction and practice activities per week. Instruction will be provided by ELS, a leader in international education. Students in this program will improve all core English skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar. Classes are communicative in nature and offer planty of opportunities for speaking practice.
- 1:00-2:00pm on Sunday at the dorm.
- Transportation between Stetson University and Rollins College provided for campers attending the ELS language week.
- Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in. There is a full, afternoon/evening tennis session and dinner for all campers!
- Graduation: 4:30pm on Friday for all campers. Graduation location will be provided at registration. Parents are invited to and encouraged to attend!
- Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony.
Evening activities may include an optional trip to Universal Studios Islands, pool party, pizza night, and movie night.
Campers will reside on campus in Cross Hall. Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age, sex, and roommate requests. A limited number of triples are available.
We recommend campers bring $50-100 per week.
24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Tennis Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
Weekend stayovers are included in your tuition for international campers.
- All international campers will be met at Orlando International Airport by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.
- To schedule your pick-up, please complete a travel form which will be included in your registration packet. International campers must complete a travel form in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. Travel forms can also be accessed at www.mycamps.ussportscamps.com using your registered email.
- Designated Airport: Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 9 (the first day of our first session), nor may campers stay past Friday, June 28 (the final day of our last session).
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.
Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and activities.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake up
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am Tennis instruction, drills
- 11:30am Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Afternoon tennis (Instruction, Davis Cup competition, games)
- 4:00pm Free time: Optional tennis, pool, store trip, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening activity: movies, optional trip to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure, night tennis, talent show, karaoke, camp dance
- 10:00pm Lights out!