2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXRSK)
We are offering one week of day camp (9:00am-5:00pm) and one week of overnight and day camp (9:00am-5:00pm) for campers ages 8-18 of all ability levels. (Kids ages 6-8 may be accepted into camp on occassion. Please call 1-800-NIKE-CAMP to inquire.)
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training and High School Programs:
In addition to the general camp sessions, this year we are offering tournament training and high school sessions during all weeks of camp. Make sure to note that you would like to participate in these programs when you register.
- The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
JULY 14th SESSION (2014):
All Campers check-in on Monday at 9:00am at the tennis courts. There will be an orientation meeting during check-in. It will include camp schedule/details and a camp photo. Parents are welcome to attend! Camp will start immediately after orientation.
• An Awards Ceremony for all campers is on Friday at 11:00am by the dorms. Parents are encouraged to attend!
• Check-out is immediately following the awards ceremony at the dorms.
Daily Camper Schedule
• Camp runs from 9:00-5:00pm, Mon-Thursday and from 9:00am-11:30am on Friday (see above.)
JULY 20th SESSION (2014):
• Overnight Campers check in at 5:00-6:00pm on Sunday at the dorms. There will be an orientation meeting from 6:00pm-7:00pm. It will include camp schedule/details and tour. Parents are welcome to attend!
• Day Campers check in at 9:00am on Monday at the tennis courts.
Graduation: All campers have a graduation at 11:00am on Friday. Parents invited to attend! Check-out is immediately following the graduation.
Day Camper Schedule & Information
• Day camp runs from 9:00-5:00pm (except last day, see above).
• A more complete schedule will be available at check-in.
• Meals: Day Campers can either purchase a lunch card for $32 or they can bring their own lunch each day.
Campers play on Soka University's 6 outdoor courts.
Campers stay 2 per room in the dorms on campus. Some triples may be available, but not guaranteed. Roommates may be requested, otherwise they are assigned by age and gender. The Dorms have A/C (2014)!
Evening activities may include pizza party, talent show, camp dance, optional swimming, and other surprise activities.
Weekend Stayovers: Weekend stayovers are not available at this location.
Designated Airport: John Wayne (Santa Ana)
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into John Wayne (Santa Ana) Airport and schedule a shuttle/bus from the airport to camp. To arrange shuttle bus transfer from the airport to the university please call Primetime shuttle at 800 733-8267 or go online at http://Primetimeshuttle.com/
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Soka University is located in Orange County, 15 minutes from Laguna Beach. The beautiful campus offers six tennis courts.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake Up, Breakfast
- 9:00am Day Campers Arrive
- 9:15am Tennis Instruction
- 10:30am Break
- 10:45am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- Noon Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 5:00pm Day Campers Depart