Camp Program Offerings
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
All Skills Program
The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
Tournament Training Program:
The Tournament Training Program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness. Open to any and all players.
High School Program:
The High School Program is provided for any and all players currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
10 and Under Tennis
The “10 and Under Tennis” program features the USTA’s successful teaching format. This is an exciting way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
- Overnight Campers: Check-in on Sunday (July 9 and July 16, 2017) from 5:00-6:00pm at the dorms
- Extended Day Campers: Check-in Sunday from 5:00pm-6:00pm at the dorms. Depart at 9:00pm.
- There will be an orientation meeting for Overnight campers on Sunday from 6:00-7:00pm. Parents are welcome to attend.
- Day Campers: Check-in on Monday (July 10 and July 17, 2017) at 9:00am at the tennis courts
- All Campers: Awards Ceremony on Friday at 11:00am by the dorms. Parents are welcome to attend.
- Check-out is immediately following the awards ceremony at the dorms.
Day Camper Schedule
- Monday-Thursday: Camp runs from 9:00am-5:00pm
- Friday: Camp runs from 9:00am-11:30am
Day Campers can either purchase a lunch card for $35 or they can bring their own lunch each day.
Campers play on Soka University's 6 outdoor courts.
2017 Dorms: Campers stay 2 per room in the dorms on campus. Some triples may be available, but not guaranteed. Roommates may be requested, otherwise they are assigned by age and gender. The Dorms have A/C!
Evening activities may include pizza party, talent show, camp dance, optional swimming, and other surprise activities.
Weekend stayovers are not available at this location
John Wayne (Santa Ana)
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into John Wayne (Santa Ana) Airport and schedule a shuttle/bus from the airport to camp. To arrange shuttle bus transfer from the airport to the university please call Primetime shuttle at 800 733-8267 or go online at http://Primetimeshuttle.com/
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
Adult Tennis Camp at Soka
We're excited to also bring you an Adult Nike Tennis Camp at Soka! Click the link for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRSK
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Wake Up, Breakfast
- 9:00am Day Campers Arrive
- 9:15am Tennis Instruction
- 10:30am Break
- 10:45am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- Noon Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 5:00pm Day Campers Depart