Southern Indiana Nike Tennis Camp New Albany, Indiana
Nike Tennis Camps is thrilled to offer a new tennis camp in Southern Indiana. This junior tennis camp is directed by Yhale Scott, Director of Tennis at the Southern Indiana Tennis Center and tennis professional Bob Sutherland. We offer two weeks of summer camp for boys and girls ages 8-18. Join the fun and elevate your game!
The Southern Indiana Nike Tennis Camp offers the ultimate combination of athletics and fun! All aspects of the game will be addressed through technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff. Campers will participate in skill challenges and other fun games throughout the camp week. Come individually or come with your teammates. Your days will be filled with tennis and fun!
- Daily on-court instruction from SITC Director of Tennis, Yhale Scott and his experienced staff
- We are offering a "10 & Under Tennis" Half Day Camp program for players ages 8-10
- 5-6 hours of tennis daily with a 6:1 student to teacher ratio
- Gain self-confidence through tennis success
- Every camper will receive a Nike Tennis Camp t-shirt
Campers will utilize the 11 tennis courts at Sam Peden Community Park in New Albany, Indiana.Meet your coaching staff
D. Yhale Scott
Yhale Scott is the Director of Tennis at the Southern Indiana Tennis Center. He has spent several years Coaching WTA Tour, ATP Tour, USTA Nationally ranked junior players. Yhale served as a satellite National Coach to many USTA Player Development players from around the country. He has established his reputation world wide using his PHDs2 System for all levels.
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDSL)
This year we are offering two weeks of Day (9:00am-4:00pm) and Half Day (9:00am-12:00pm) camp for kids ages 8-18 of all skill levels. We will offer the USTA "Youth Tennis" format for those younger campers who are just beginning to learn the game. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
10 and Under Tennis:
In addition to the All Skills program offered each week, we also offer a “10 and Under Tennis” (Half Day Camp Only) program for kids ages 8-10, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
• Check-in: All Campers arrive on Monday at 8:30am at the Sam Peden Community Park tennis courts.
• Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
• Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm on Friday.
• Graduation: Full Day Campers: 3:30pm on Friday at the tennis courts. Parents are invited to attend!
• Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony at 4:00pm.
Half Day & Full Day Camper Schedule & Information
• Monday: All Campers check in at 8:30am. Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm. Full Day campers depart at 4:00pm.
• Tuesday-Thursday: All Campers arrive at 9:00am. Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm. Full Day campers depart at 4:00pm.
• Friday: All Campers arrive at 9:00am. Half Day Campers depart at 12:00pm. Full Day Campers have a Graduation at 3:30pm and will depart at 4:00pm.
• Meals: Full Day campers bring their lunch each day. Half Day Campers depart before lunch.
Campers will utilize the 11 tennis courts at Sam Peden Community Park in New Albany, Indiana.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am-9:15am Stretching / Warm-ups
- 9:15am-12:00 noon Tennis Instruction, Drills, Strategy Work
- 12:00 noon - 1:00pm Half Day Campers depart. Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis for Full Day Campers.
- 1:00pm-4:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play, Doubles and Drills