2016 STANFORD TENNIS CAMPS
Junior Overnight and Extended Day Camps
Directed by Head Men's Coach, Paul Goldstein, and his renowned staff
Ages 9-18 | All Skills, Tournament Training | Sun-Fri, except for July 9-14 session (Sat-Thu)
These four weeks of camps are geared towards boys & girls of all ability levels, ages 9-18. With a perfect mix of drills, matchplay, conditioning, strategy and off-court fun, campers immerse themselves within the sport and campus, creating memories to last a lifetime. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Coach Goldstein Camp Dates:
- June 19-24 (Sun-Fri) All Skills Session
- June 26-July 1 (Sun-Fri) All Skills Session
- July 3-8 (Sun-Fri) National Training Camp
- July 9-14 (Sat-Thu) All Skills Session
Tournament Training Program
In addition to our All Skills Program, we will be offering the Tournament Training Program, geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- Please note for 2016: July 9-14 session (2016), check in is on Saturday. All other sessions, check-in is on Sunday.
- Overnight campers: Check-in on the first day of camp from 12:00-1:30pm on the lawn of Junipero.
- Extended Day Campers: Check-in on the first day of camp from 1:00-1:30 pm at the lawn of Junipero. (Extended Day Campers will depart that evening at 8:00 after dinner and a camp meeting)
- Please note for July 9-14 session (2016), check out is on Thursday. All other sessions, check out is on Friday.
- A graduation ceremony that parents are encouraged to attend wraps up the week at 11:30am on the last day of camp at the Taube tennis courts.
- Check-out immediately follows at 12:00 Noon.
All meals are included for Overnight campers. Extended Day Campers will have lunch and dinner provided.
Campers play on 17 lighted courts at the Taube Tennis Stadium. In the event of rain, indoor courts are available.
2016: Campers will be housed in Junipero Hall. No more than 3 to a room. Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests.
Off-court activities during all sessions may include field games, a camp dance, and watching popular movies.
Weekend stayovers are offered only between sessions 1&2 and 3&4 for an additional fee of $140 per night, and $280 for the weekend.
International Camper Options
International campers seeking a Sport and Language program can find a list of camp sessions and a detailed description of our new programs by clicking this link.
International campers seeking a Sport Only program, a multi-week sport camp experience, can easily combine any of our individual Tennis Camp sessions together with a weekend stay over to create the right camp program to fit your needs!
San Francisco Airport or San Jose Airport
Nike Tennis Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations, or bus depots. Transportation services can be arranged from the San Jose Airport or San Francisco International by using the services below:
Super Shuttle: (800) BLUE VAN (258-3826) - www.supershuttle.com
South & East Bay Shuttle: 800.548.4664 or 408.225.4444
Unaccompanied Minors: If you have a camper arriving by air who is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines, we recommend scheduling a shuttle from the airport to camp through www.blacklane.com. The fees to Stanford from SFO are typically $112 each way. This includes a meet and greet at the airport.
Please schedule your arrivals and departures to provide plenty of time to get to/from the SJC or SFO. It is approximately 25 minutes to Stanford University campus from San Jose and 40 minutes from San Francisco.
Let us know your plans! Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information so we know when to expect your child's arrival to camp.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Additional Camp Sessions offered at Stanford:
Stanford Tennis Camp - Women's Tennis Sessions (Directed by Head Women's Coach, Lele Forood) - Junior Overnight and Day Camps - June 17-22 (Bank of the West-Overnight only) | June 24-June 29 (All Skills) | July 31-August 5 (All Skills & High School Training) | August 7-12 (Sat-Thu - All Skills & High School Training)
Stanford Tennis School Junior Day Only Camp (Directed by Frankie Brennan and Brandon Coupe) - June 13-16 (Full Day, Half Day AM/PM) | August 15-18 (Full day, Half Day AM/PM)
Stanford Adult Tennis School (Directed by Frankie Brennan and Brandon Coupe) - June 11-12 | August 13-14
Camp Code: TNXRSG
* Our camps are open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend that you choose a camp that fits your particular skills and level of development.
* Any athlete who has sufficient preparatory education to be academically eligible to enter college in the fall following the camp date will not be permitted to attend the camp.
* Drugs, alcohol, and smoking are strictly prohibited and constitute grounds for immediate dismissal from camp.