2015 Williamsburg Nike Summer Tennis Camp Information
This year we are offering two weeks of Overnight and Day (8:45am-4:30pm) camp for boys and girls ages 9-18 of all skill levels. In addition to the All Skills Program, this year we are offering a Tournament Tennis Training Program during the second week of camp. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- Overnight Campers 1:30-2:30pm on Sunday at the dorms.
- Day Campers 1:30-2:30pm on Sunday at the dorms.
- Campers should come dressed to play.
- Day Campers depart that afternoon at 5:00pm at the Millie West tennis courts.
- Graduation: 4:00pm at the Millie West tennis courts for all campers. Parents are invited to attend!
- Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony at 4:30pm at the dorms.
Daily Program Schedule
- Day campers should be dropped off every day (except check-in day) by 8:45am at the tennis courts.
- Pick up time for Day Campers is 4:30pm each day at tennis courts.
- A more complete schedule will be given to you upon check-in.
Campers play at the Millie West Tennis Facility with 8 lighted hard courts.
Lunch is included for all day campers.
2015: Dorms TBD | 2014: Campers will reside in the William & Mary dorms on campus. Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. No triples available. There is A/C in the dorms.
Evening activities may include movie night, games, pool time, tennis, and colonial Williamsburg. Campers will do swimming one afternoon.
Weekend stayovers are not available at this location.
Newport News Airport, Williamsburg
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into Newport News Airport and schedule a shuttle/bus from the airport to camp.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. Please contact Director Meredith Walton directly at (757) 561-7873 to arrange this. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRWM
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
- 4:15pm Groups or Private Extra Help, Optional Tennis, Swimming
- 5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 7:15pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:30pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 10:15pm Lights Out